Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by yabbas View Post
A few minutes later I have this:

Have attached the code amendments and compiled progs, just disable the plugins and copy the *.so files to /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/

Hope you don't mind fiferboy despite arguments against, I prefer the stacked look. Of course this way you can also replace AM/PM with the current day MO/TU/WE/TH/FR/SA/SU

Changes:
Separate font customization for hours and minutes so you can have a different colour for the hour if you wish.
"Longhorn" menu selection item.
"Longhorn" mode - [basically stacks the minutes on top of AM/PM, and disables the hour-colon.]
Well. You've done some visual mistake I think in time actually it's more important to see minutes but not AM or PM And you have AM sign larger than minutes. How about making it in this way? I've divided parts of the applet ith red stripe
Attached Images

I agree with your observation.

Like I said - it was a quick hack...all I did was move the minute variable into the <small> tag and add a \n before the 'PM' string - without mucking about with glib markup tags that's the simplest way of acheiving the effect I wanted. The rest of it was cut'n'paste *g*

You could always install another font that emphasizes the numbers over the letters or tweak the tags till it fits together better! Edit: I'm not going to update this as it's fifer's project and he may well have different plans for it; up to him if he decides to keep the Longhorn look and feel that I like.

I'm sure fiferboy will start working on the date code and get it all looking pristine

Interestingly - it still looks great with a serif font reminds me of the clocks you get on the walls of your local bank.

As for your idea on having the days below the afternoon indicator...while nice in theory I don't think it will work as the width available to plugins is miniscule.

Guess there's no harm in trying to get it slotting together though!

Last edited by yabbas; 2008-02-16 at 12:46.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
To respond to a couple of recent point:

For the date being light grey, that is the default for insensitive menu items. I will change to an active item that doesn't do anything.

For the 'longhorn' mode, I will add that in as an option. Does anyone have a more descriptive name? Yabbas, thanks for the description of how you acheived your look. I am currently cleaning up the code a lot to reduce duplication.

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
Oh wow, we now have collaboration . Thank you Fiferboy and Yabbas.
As for a more descriptive name, how about "stacked" mode instead?

Call it ****** mode
But choice is a good thing, really, even choices I'd not use. Stacked mode looks good.

One thing, now that we can make Nav applets (that's the left-side panel) to replace any of the three menus there, perhaps some of the still-wider ideas would be more naturally rearranged to fit there? Like wazd's mockup.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Call it "Stacked Mode".... I do remember that layout more from the Longhorn Beta days though.

Do you still have to edit it by command line (or text editor for the configuration file) or is there an options menu I'm missing? Just updated the applet and the pop up menu doesn't work.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Do you still have to edit it by command line (or text editor for the configuration file) or is there an options menu I'm missing? Just updated the applet and the pop up menu doesn't work.
I keep forgetting to mention that when you update the applet you either have to reboot your NIT, or unload it from the status bar and reload it. Try one of these and you should have the menu.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ San Jose, CA
im not 100% sure this is the culprit but i installed this and 2 games since i started noticing a possible memory leak.

it occurred over 3-4 days, the hildon-desktop grew to over 40mb.

i have since disabled the clock and if i come across it again ill let you all know. in the meantime keep an eye out for your memory usage just in case.

otherwise, fantastic work

Sai

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
I have also noticed that I now have an issue with the memory usage increasing. I didn't connect it with this app - but this could be the case! Hopefully fiferboy can figure it out!

Originally Posted by setasai View Post
im not 100% sure this is the culprit but i installed this and 2 games since i started noticing a possible memory leak.

it occurred over 3-4 days, the hildon-desktop grew to over 40mb.

i have since disabled the clock and if i come across it again ill let you all know. in the meantime keep an eye out for your memory usage just in case.

otherwise, fantastic work

Sai