That is what worked for me....after a failed map install it left a bunch of garbage files around. I could have deleted them manually, but at the time doing a re-install seemed to be the safest route. After that SUCCESS!

Note: Now that you can download to the PC (Wayfinder website is updated) I am going that method for getting the USA-East 2008 map. Much easier!!!

Last edited by cryptoboy; 2008-07-02 at 22:51.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Although it probably doesn't matter anymore due to the 2008Q1 maps here is some older software & maps from 2007... http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer.../en_GB/tablet/ its strange, but previously the maps on my Chinook were outdated, from 2006

Originally Posted by cryptoboy View Post
I have always (and still do) see MPH while moving. Strange that you only see KM/H as mine reported MPH in both the old Wayfinder App and the new one.
The bug seems to only affect people who have not used the navagation part of the app, for example, right out of the box without buying a navigation license.
This bug has been around a long time. The bug has been acknowledged by Wayfinder and should have been fixed in the new OS. See thread "Wayfinder displays speed in km/h"

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...mperial&page=2

anyone?

km/h vs miles is fixed when you download voices. worked for me.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
The only "substantial" upgrade that I have seen since I bought the navigation kit when it was first released over a year ago has been the name change from Navicore and now the addition of a green heart to the logo.
green heart means they like you.

i am an early adopter as well, paid $200, dont remember if i paid shipping.. but i didn't like it much from the beginning, i think you liked it more than me.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
ive got the previous version of the map app installed running the updated maps...maps and nav work fine but it isnt letting me download voices...can someone tell me how to fix this or send me the file for carinna du plessis (english accented woman) ????

Originally Posted by cryptoboy View Post
That is what worked for me....after a failed map install it left a bunch of garbage files around. I could have deleted them manually, but at the time doing a re-install seemed to be the safest route. After that SUCCESS!

Note: Now that you can download to the PC (Wayfinder website is updated) I am going that method for getting the USA-East 2008 map. Much easier!!!
Hi,

I am a newbie.
Please let me know how to load the map downloaded using PC onto my N810. Do I just unzip, untar everything into the map directory?

Thanks,
Alex

i think all the failed downloads has messed ujp my internal card on my 810. i cannot put both usa and usa west on the card. is it possible to do? i really dont want to re download my maps
can someone list the file structure?
thanks

once you download it on the PC, unzip it and move the whole folder mapdata_XXXX into '\map' directory on your memory card.

it works for either internal or external on N800 (not sure if you can move it from the internal on N810 to the external, search here for answers)

the last map you used in the application is stored under "mapdata" folder if its the older one you can delete it or rename the directory.

basically you can have all the different maps in directories like
"mapdata_Singapore"
"mapdata_XYZ"
but once you select it in Map application, it will re-name that directory to just "mapdata"

The Following User Says Thank You to james.bottomtooth For This Useful Post:
The A-GPS seams to have worked for me.

I've been traveling to various points between London and Manchester over the last few days and have consistently always got a lock within a maximum of say 1 minute or so (sometimes much quicker). Even when doing 70MPH on the motorway before switching Wayfinder on. Prior to this, it typically took several minutes and sometimes took 5 to 10+ minutes when moving at speed on occasions.

To answer someones earlier question about how often it connects to "refresh" when location has not changed. during the 5 days or so of using it (at least on 3 or 4 days, probably started Wayfinder at least a dozen+ times including playing around) after the initial update it only tried connecting for an update the once. so it is not "every time" that's for sure. and you can "usually" still expect a fast connection even if the mobile is not available.

That's my experience of it anyway.

Now could someone give an idea of the amount of data it needs to fetch as well ?
I too am curious as to what the cost of using it abroad would be...

Zuber

Last edited by Zuber; 2008-07-04 at 20:31.