Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
I'm not terribly sure; these weird devices that require loading firmware all the time confuse me :/
If it makes any difference, the other symptoms I noticed were that the card wouldn't respond to `iwconfig wlan0 set channel n` requests, and that it could receive fine, but couldn't transmit (iwlist wlan0 scanning worked perfectly, and iwconfig wlan0 showed plenty of received packets with no errors, but every transmitted packet was an error).
I could've sworn I'd tried commenting those lines earlier at some point, but perhaps it wasn't done on a clean install. This time it was the first thing I did after installation, and everything worked perfectly from there.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Deblet Installer now supports making swap in a file and on a partition, as of 1.2-4. Thanks to b-man and others suggesting swap ability
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I didn't find anything about it:

Can I use my USB keyboard with the full gnome deblet (I've already installed it successfully)?

Also can I connect to the internet using my n82 via bluetooth? Both connections work under maemo, are they possible with deblet?

Full Debian/Gnome looks great! If I had bluetooth internet and my keyboard that would make my (working) day!

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I believe that usb might work, if you have the two device files usbdev1.1_ep00 and usbdev1.1_ep81 and the drivers allrety are thare.

Btw, sorry it is taking so long for nit-env-gnome-full, still waiting on Stskeeps for that part.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Thank you b-man,
I'm not very skilled in debian, where do I get/put these files and what drivers do I need for a usb keyboard?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by b-man View Post

Btw, sorry it is taking so long for nit-env-gnome-full, still waiting on Stskeeps for that part.
Hehe, I'm busy doing some good things for the installer (swap), preseed and stuff - I'll get to the more user near stuff soon.

Of other news, I've included dash as a dependancy of nit-env-basic, and made installer preseed dash's config as to become /bin/sh.

The reason for this is because dash is faster than bash and is less bloated.

Example bootcharts to indicate the difference (is probably more obvious when not run on Deblet-in-a-file) (warning, large size pngs). Key is to notice when S99stop-bootlogd is being run. Bootchartd stops when 'X' process is noticed to be running and is started initially as init.

With bash as /bin/sh

With dash as /bin/sh

As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2008-09-01 at 22:34.

So n00b here with n00b questions but after trying to install with the installer after the last few days and seeking a little linux guidance in the process I've got cfdisk formatting my two partions on a 4gig card 3819.2 and 256.20 or something like that (one for swap and the other as my boot medium) ran bootmenu first before running deblet installer installer version is 1.2-5 and I was installing the full desktop gnome. Basically after following the guied from the development wiki and getting my n810 to show deblet on mmcblk1p1 it starts to boot then the screen blacks and reboots holding menuing and cycled through that 11 times before I figured that it wasn't like an auto depackage or something. Not a lot of info I know but I'm a linux n00b thats trying to expand my linux knowledge. Hence the reason for me getting the tablet and the reason for installing deblet is because I'm looking for a way to distribute my bluetooth pppoe connection over the n810's wifi. I've heard that packages contained in deblet should be able to get me there... anyway I can help just let me know I'm pretty good at following directions.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by borghal View Post
Thank you b-man,
I'm not very skilled in debian, where do I get/put these files and what drivers do I need for a usb keyboard?
For the device files just copy them over from your /dev directory in maemo and place them into the /dev directory in deblet, as for the drivers, you may want to contact qwerty12 for that. (Not verry familiar with the device drivers :P)
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

Originally Posted by cellphonedude View Post
So n00b here with n00b questions but after trying to install with the installer after the last few days and seeking a little linux guidance in the process I've got cfdisk formatting my two partions on a 4gig card 3819.2 and 256.20 or something like that (one for swap and the other as my boot medium) ran bootmenu first before running deblet installer installer version is 1.2-5 and I was installing the full desktop gnome. Basically after following the guied from the development wiki and getting my n810 to show deblet on mmcblk1p1 it starts to boot then the screen blacks and reboots holding menuing and cycled through that 11 times before I figured that it wasn't like an auto depackage or something. Not a lot of info I know but I'm a linux n00b thats trying to expand my linux knowledge. Hence the reason for me getting the tablet and the reason for installing deblet is because I'm looking for a way to distribute my bluetooth pppoe connection over the n810's wifi. I've heard that packages contained in deblet should be able to get me there... anyway I can help just let me know I'm pretty good at following directions.
I've had the same problem once before, if you made your own deblet.item in /etc/bootmenu.d, try editing your item file to look like this (try using emelfm2 if your not too familiar with the command line):

ITEM_NAME="Deblet on mmcblk1p1"
ITEM_ID="deblet-mmcblk1p1"
ITEM_DEVICE="mmcblk1p1"
ITEM_MODULES="mbcache jbd ext3"
ITEM_FSTYPE="ext3"
ITEM_FSOPTIONS="noatime,ro"
ITEM_LINUXRC="linuxrc"

If that doesn't work, i'd just remove the linuxrc file alltogether and remove the ITEM_LINUXRC="linuxrc" line so you would boot directly into Deblet.

Last edited by b-man; 2008-09-02 at 03:42.

Originally Posted by b-man View Post
I've had the same problem once before, if you made your own deblet.item in /etc/bootmenu.d, try editing your item file to look like this (try using emelfm2 if your not too familiar with the command line):

ITEM_NAME="Deblet on mmcblk1p1"
ITEM_ID="deblet-mmcblk1p1"
ITEM_DEVICE="mmcblk1p1"
ITEM_MODULES="mbcache jbd ext3"
ITEM_FSTYPE="ext3"
ITEM_FSOPTIONS="noatime,ro"
ITEM_LINUXRC="linuxrc"

If that doesn't work, i'd just remove the linuxrc file alltogether and remove the ITEM_LINUXRC="linuxrc" line so you would boot directly into Deblet.
I never made the file in the first place so that could be it altogether going for it now... I'll let you guys know Thank you

Edit: So I tried that and the file that bootmenu made looks exactly like the one above. And emelfm2 command I tried running it from a bunch of different directories don't know where I should run it from. And deleting the linuxrc file yelded no change in the results...

Last edited by cellphonedude; 2008-09-02 at 06:49.

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet bootmenu installer