Notices

Hmm.. when I add songs to the que and then play them from the que, they play, but each song is removed from the que after it has finished playing.

This is with 0.96.2.

Is this a bug or the intended behavior?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by phutterman View Post
... My only other comment is that it seems a bit too easy to 'expand' (eg) an album so it lists all the songs when you're just trying to scroll through your library, and then have to scroll back up to the top of it to unexpand it.
Pycage, why not use the "back" control button to unexpand albums ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Krazybat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by glug View Post
Hmm.. when I add songs to the que and then play them from the que, they play, but each song is removed from the que after it has finished playing.

This is with 0.96.2.

Is this a bug or the intended behavior?
This is the intended behavior of the queue. The queue is a special playlist where you can queue items for playing. Played items are removed from the queue.
You can create new playlists. User-created playlists get saved automatically and items don't get removed automatically when played.

Originally Posted by Krazybat View Post
Pycage, why not use the "back" control button to unexpand albums ?
This is a great idea!

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I gave MediaBox another shot, and this is starting to look great--even better than the version released at the end of December.

I did have a few feature requests (mainly cribbed from features that I liked in other players):
1. Search for cover art in the Kagu and Canola cover art folders (Separate question--can we designate a folder where we can keep cover art? I'm under the impression that the folders that MediaBox will scan for cover art are hard coded? I would much rather have the art on a memory card rather than in the internal memory, which is where I believe both Canola and Kagu put their cover art folders)
2. I'm not sure if MediaBox does this already, but it would be great if there is an option to use artist art and/or an option to default to artist picture if cover art could not be found (Kagu scanner downloads both cover and artist pictures)
3. option to list all songs by a particular artist (I notice that when I select by artist, it lists by album first, and then I have to select the album to select tracks)
4. music by genre as a browsing option
5. sleep timer

Not sure how much this is doable. In any case, I appreciate the work you are putting into this project--it's getting better and better!

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
1. Search for cover art in the Kagu and Canola cover art folders (Separate question--can we designate a folder where we can keep cover art? I'm under the impression that the folders that MediaBox will scan for cover art are hard coded? I would much rather have the art on a memory card rather than in the internal memory, which is where I believe both Canola and Kagu put their cover art folders)
Currently MediaBox will search for cover art from UKMP, if available. But Canola support is very likely to come, too.
The cover art is stored in ~/.thumbnails/mediabox. ~/.thumbnails is where maemo saves all thumbnails, so MediaBox uses this, too. But it really makes sense to store the thumbnails on the card where the files are on. This is a good idea.

2. I'm not sure if MediaBox does this already, but it would be great if there is an option to use artist art and/or an option to default to artist picture if cover art could not be found (Kagu scanner downloads both cover and artist pictures)
Artist art and downloading cover art are both planned features.

3. option to list all songs by a particular artist (I notice that when I select by artist, it lists by album first, and then I have to select the album to select tracks)
Good idea and easy to implement.
You can expect it soon.

4. music by genre as a browsing option
This is planned, too.

5. sleep timer
Yup, I want this myself. It will definitely come.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Thanks for the quick response. I am especially excited about a potential cover art downloading feature--if they are saved on a card instead of the tablet, that could be a big space saver for people with large collections.

Well, gald I didn't find a bug in the que. But I found the way it works very unintuitive... maybe it would be nice to have the empty que warn you its not a standard playlist?

Overall, though, nice program. Keep up the good work!

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Some files Mediabox recognizes as an album, but others it won't. I can't tell what the difference is so that I can get it to recognize all of them. I'm clicking and dragging them from iTunes on Leopard.

Is there something I can do to make all of the albums be recognized?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
The packages from Diablo work. You need to grab
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p..._1.0_armel.deb
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p..._1.0_armel.deb
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...96.2_armel.deb

and install them in this order. You also need to satisfy the dependencies on python2.5-runtime and mplayer.
It is mandatory to enable virtual memory (swap) when running on the 770.
I'm working on a plugin to preallocate memory for MediaBox to reduce the amount of swapping, which makes the application run a lot smoother. Video doesn't work yet on OS 2006 because 2006 doesn't have Xv support.
Thanks Pycage. I installed packages from Chinook repository to my he2007. Now I have shoutcast listings! I understand mplayer is embedded in mediabox. Is it possible to make an option to choose to utilize the separately installed mplayer, so video would work for 770 too?

Tags
fmradio, mediabox, upnp, youtube