Closed Thread
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
dj_steve should have a paypal donate button

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
dont tempt me or i may just make one

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=5DGN973JMMSFN

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-04-18 at 23:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elimoon8 View Post
I would love to be able to test this on my N810. Is it possible to dual boot with nitdroid? (I followed the dual boot steps here to be able to boot into maemo on my SD card)
missed your post their, you cant dual boot currently as it means flashign a new kernel - though flashing the kernel takes only seconds so not too hard to flash between maemo and nitdroid

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Hmm, does't seem to like either of my 16GB SDHC cards. tried variations on partition size, either using the majority of the space for the fat partition, or the data partition. Partition layout is otherwise the same though, but it does not seem to boot all the way though. My 4GB card with the archive extracted using the same commands works just fine

where does it stop ? and does it recognise the full card duringboot

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
after starting the omapdsp task4 name pcm0

error is "request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 303217163308

which keeps repeating with the number incrementing after that. 4gb card works a dream.

see if you can get adb up and run logcat see whats dying, - if you can get into the irc channel im in their at min also

Ok, a quick update from a night's usage. Only a couple of freezes, both of which were in the browser, otherwise pretty fast and stable overall. Worst bit seems to be the virtual keyboard, which feels sluggish, but to be fair maemo4, and S60 are much(if any) better. I have not had laptop access all night,so not able to attempt to debug.

Cannot fathom task/app switching, or a quick way back the home screen, or to exit the browser, but that's me and android, not a bug with the build.

Battery life seems slightly worse, but again that could be due to me not letting the device to sleep, to save reboots. More tomorrow.

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Ok, a quick update from a night's usage. Only a couple of freezes, both of which were in the browser, otherwise pretty fast and stable overall. Worst bit seems to be the virtual keyboard, which feels sluggish, but to be fair maemo4, and S60 are much(if any) better. I have not had laptop access all night,so not able to attempt to debug.

VKB is indeed bit sluggish, needs some tweaks methinks.

Cannot fathom task/app switching, or a quick way back the home screen, or to exit the browser, but that's me and android, not a
bug with the build.

it is partly a bug, the home key does not work and holding said key usually brings up a recent apps dialog also. looking into that later.

Battery life seems slightly worse, but again that could be due to me not letting the device to sleep, to save reboots. More tomorrow.

im aware ofthe sleep issue, i suspect its due to the OMAP watchdog system thinking device has crashed and rebooting/powering down. im trying a slightly diff flasher line command at moment to see if it helps
thought id jump in with info on these.

- its in bold above

cheers steve, I kinda guessed you would be aware, and have them in hand. very impressed with it and very stable overall.

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid