Poll: Which OS will be the first choice on your Nokia N900?
Poll Options
Which OS will be the first choice on your Nokia N900?

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mobile
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
duel boot?
This is where there are two OS but definitely some conflicts?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Meego to be officially released for the N900? Awesome news. I was one of the vocal ones who complained.

Thank you!

I love my N900 more and more everyday.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Kajko View Post
Meego to be officially released for the N900? Awesome news. I was one of the vocal ones who complained.
Don't jump into conclusions for now, for me at least it is still unclear if the statement was about an actual Nokia support for N900 or could be a "best effort" to let the community support a distribution of Meego. The wiki page about the subject "Meego on N900" has no updates, so I asked @qgil on my previous post on this same thread, but no answer so far:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=52

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ T.M.O
Originally Posted by Kajko View Post
It still hasn't been decided if Meego on the N900 will be productized.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=20

What it means that while Meego will come to the N900, it is still not clear if it'll contain the same features/applications expected of a proper Nokia Meego Device.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by un-named_user View Post
It still hasn't been decided if Meego on the N900 will be productized.
That's why everybody who wants official Meego on N900 should answer the Nokia official survey and give your feedback:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...t=nokia+survey

wondering why two Nokia employees tell different stories. My guess is no meego for N900 lets wait any see.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Sorry for the silence. I was afk most of last week, trapped in a volcano ash cloud.

No news on Nokia supporting MeeGo / Harmattan officially for the N900. That is a business decision and no Nokia business representative has given any news recently.

There is progress on the technical side: [MeeGo-dev] Brief status of "MeeGo to N900" project

toto29820: who are the two Nokia employees and what are their diverging quotes?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
as i understand ovi store would have meego apps and intelapp store would have them. does it mean i can use both on upcoming nokia meego based phone (hopefully n900 too) or ovi only for nokia and intel only for intel?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Sorry for the silence. I was afk most of last week, trapped in a volcano ash cloud.

No news on Nokia supporting MeeGo / Harmattan officially for the N900. That is a business decision and no Nokia business representative has given any news recently.

There is progress on the technical side: [MeeGo-dev] Brief status of "MeeGo to N900" project

toto29820: who are the two Nokia employees and what are their diverging quotes?
and as i see there are no much official news from nokia on n900. it would be interesting to know about futher support even if u can't reveal on meego suppot we still would like to know about maemo5 future. as we know about hong kong edition release. does it mean that pr1.2 is not the last update and if not what is upcoming?

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
@qgil

Do you have any more info about the dual boot possibility? This sounds pretty exciting and opens a lot more opportunities for us.

Tags
continuity, support, you wish