Active Topics

Notices

Thanks for the fast reply kojacker, I'm loving my playtime with this app, actually, I would like to ask, if there's a way to make it fake the call instantly, no tap the screen thingy, that would be killer, I'm invoking the app via wifi (putty is an old friend), I'm saving some profiles into files, so I only have to sh the file, and I would get the call...

That's the only thing left for making it perfect, as, if I ever touch the screen (even when in the phone is inside its protective bag), it will cancel, if I get lucky, the 5 secs will pass and will fake the call.

The Following User Says Thank You to bidomo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
hi nice app... very useful to get out of tricky situations.
a few sugestions.
defualt ringtone should be:
/usr/share/sounds/NokiaTune.aac

option for turning portrait and vibrate off... and ofcause saving settings.

i got version .2 where is .22 as mentioned or newer?

cheers

looking

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Great app, but please make the settings saved...

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
male/female voice choice integration to fake a call more perfectly ? great app indeed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Winter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Indonesia
no updates yet?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dhicky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Now that you know all the commands, here's a quick scheduling example using Alarmed

When you run Alarmed and select "New event" button you get this "Add event" screen

We don't want an alarm, we want Alarmed to trigger mfakecaller to run at a certain time. So touch the button that currently says "Alarm" and change it from the drop down so it says "Command execution" instead

Also we don't want it to run "Every minute" so change the scheduling button to something else. You can choose a date or time, for testing let's choose "In.." from it's drop down. "In.. " sets a delay.

Once you've given your alarm a name and filled in a command your new alarm setup should look like this. Here, I'll get a call from best friend of opensource Steve Jobs in 5 seconds time - he's a very important man and he might sue me if I keep him waiting!

Simply hit "Save event" and in 5 seconds (or so) you should start feeling the familiar rumblings of mfakecaller starting up. Easy, right?

Because Alarmed saves your previous events, it keeps a list of them by name that you only need to go back into and trigger again when you need them. Think of them a little like fake call profiles, saves a lot of time filling them in
I just installed Alarmed and mfakecaller, i can't use command /usr/bin/mfakecaller on Alarmed, nothing showed up after i set it to 5 secs, and save event, then i manually checked to /usr/bin/ and theres no file named mfakecaller. problem??

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dhicky For This Useful Post:
Thanks all for the update ideas above, apologies for not replying sooner - this is a bit of an old app and I haven't been following it closely for a while.

Originally Posted by Dhicky View Post
I just installed Alarmed and mfakecaller, i can't use command /usr/bin/mfakecaller on Alarmed, nothing showed up after i set it to 5 secs, and save event, then i manually checked to /usr/bin/ and theres no file named mfakecaller. problem??
I can only offer you limited help Dhicky as i don't have access to a N900, but i would have expected the binary to be in the '/usr/bin' path.

Please try this:

Step 1: Can you try launching it from the icon? If it works from there, then we'll have to try and find out where it has installed on your phone.

Step 2: Launch it from terminal (see this post for more details). This should let you know if it's installed there.

Let me know what you find out.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-11-05 at 17:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Thanks kojacker, yes its on /home/opt/usr/bin/
i solved it, now i can run it well
im waiting for the next release..

if you mind, i want to give a suggestion for the next updates.
trigger answer button to play audio files in low volume (optional). example : a person talking audio that could be from many sources, recorded files for instance, so that people near us can hear it but faintly. so they are convinced its a real call thank you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dhicky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dhicky View Post
Thanks kojacker, yes its on /home/opt/usr/bin/
i solved it, now i can run it well
im waiting for the next release..

if you mind, i want to give a suggestion for the next updates.
trigger answer button to play audio files in low volume (optional). example : a person talking audio that could be from many sources, recorded files for instance, so that people near us can hear it but faintly. so they are convinced its a real call thank you
Thanks Dhicky, im really pleased that you were able to get it working

Thanks also for the suggestions. I'm afraid i'm not sure when I'll ever get my hands on a N900 again so i can't promise any updates soon, though I like your suggestion a lot

I did have an update for mFakeCaller where the images and bits and pieces were selectable from popup windows which was much nicer but it never was released generally.

To be honest it was only made as a simple application and I never expected it to go anywhere, indeed i didn't expect anyone to still be asking about it lol It would be cool if someone was to take on the concept and release a more complete app with new features - I think it would make an ideal starter project

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-11-05 at 12:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Thanks Dhicky, im really pleased that you were able to get it working

Thanks also for the suggestions. I'm afraid i'm not sure when I'll ever get my hands on a N900 again so i can't promise any updates soon, though I like your suggestion a lot

I did have an update for mFakeCaller where the images and bits and pieces were selectable from popup windows which was much nicer but it never was released generally.

To be honest it was only made as a simple application and I never expected it to go anywhere, indeed i didn't expect anyone to still be asking about it lol It would be cool if someone was to take on the concept and release a more complete app with new features - I think it would make an ideal starter project
im the one who should thank you kojacker, this is the only hope for n900 users out there to have fake call app.. im begging you please dont let this app left neglected.. at least until the last version u mentioned is released.. pleaaaseee but im hoping u to continue working on this great app i've discovered yesterday

Last edited by Dhicky; 2012-11-06 at 02:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dhicky For This Useful Post: