Notices

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
hahahaa I knew you'd say that... sorry P to be fair I thought it might be useful to others as well!

OK another thing to do is in opt/usr/share/themes/ANY THEME/gtk-2.0

Look for the gtkrc.cache files, I'd delete any you see in any gtk-2.0 folder.

I've been told the 1.0-3 version is definitely a-ok by some testers far, far more able than myself but please keep me posted, you are someone I'm going to go out my way to make this work for.

Kind Regards,
D4rK
Thanks buddy and ditto. Will let you know as soon as I take a look at it later tonight!

The Following User Says Thank You to Parlapipas For This Useful Post:
Thank you Parlapipas, it really is appreciated!

Did you try the usual switch theme - switch back- reboot bit to clear the cache? If not uninstall completely, navigate to opt/usr/share/themes using filebox then delete any m4rina-D4rK or M4riNa-D4rK related folders left there, then reinstall.

Believe me the last two were worse, I really am sorry everyone I'll get there

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar

Ok buddy, I got this working by uninstalling, and deleting residuals from opt/usr/share themes. Once I reinstalled 1.0.3 everything was running fine.

D4, thanks buddy for the awesome job once again!

EDIT: Removed text with instructions on how to edit gtkrc, colors.config and css file for calendar date to appear on top corner w/out calendar home widget installed due to unexpected reboot.

D4 I will pm you so you can try what I did and see if you have any issues.

EDIT #2: Kept the theme all day and played around with it and haven't had any further side effects. If anyone else wants to try the change, below you will find what I did. Obviously the usual caution and attention applies and I am not liable if anyone has issues

1) Went to /opt/usr/share/themes/M4riNa-D4rK and in the colors.config file changed the painted text color to read in the first paragraph
PaintedTextColor=#000000

2) Went to /opt/usr/share/themes/M4riNa-D4rK/css and changed the painted text color to read as
}
.PaintedTextColor {
color: #000000;
}

3) Went to /opt/usr/share/themes/M4riNa-D4rK/gtk-2.0 and opened gtkrc and searched for text colors and changed the painted text colors to read as

# text colors
color["DefaultTextColor"] = "#fbfbfb"
color["SecondaryTextColor"] = "#015cff"
color["ActiveTextColor"] = "#015cff"
color["DisabledTextColor"] = "#999999"
color["PaintedTextColor"] = "#000000"

Reboot and the date should now show.

Last edited by Parlapipas; 2010-12-12 at 01:06.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
D4rK awesome awesome awesome work man .
i love it, freaking nice .
can you please please come up with a black/green D4rK theme/icon the same things only with green instead og blue.

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
P that is awesome thank you, have you noticed the colour change affecting anything else? I'll give it a crack tonight and include it with the next update.

elie-7 hello mate long time! Many thanks, I'm still ironing out the bugs in this one but the minute it's all finished I'll see what I can do about a green version if enough people want it.

Guys if anyone else would prefer a green version please vote for it by clicking 'thanks' on this post.

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
yeah man its been 31 days :P anyway i love your marina theme, with it maemo5 feels like it have a new ui .

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
P that is awesome thank you, have you noticed the colour change affecting anything else? I'll give it a crack tonight and include it with the next update.

elie-7 hello mate long time! Many thanks, I'm still ironing out the bugs in this one but the minute it's all finished I'll see what I can do about a green version if enough people want it.

Guys if anyone else would prefer a green version please vote for it by clicking 'thanks' on this post.

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
Hey D4. I noticed that it affects the update bar The font is black so once the blue bar covers the font, the font color is not changed to white, but rather stays black. Not a 100% win win situation unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Parlapipas View Post
Hey D4. I noticed that it affects the update bar The font is black so once the blue bar covers the font, the font color is not changed to white, but rather stays black. Not a 100% win win situation unfortunately.
hmmm... I think the only win-win situation is to keep the colours as they are and suggest people use the calendar home widget.

Have you tried it? It really is much better than the standard calendar widget... no comparison!

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
_
_

the same problem exists with the old marina theme, but really no one use the default calendar widget anymore, the calendar home widget is WAY better .

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
the same problem exists with the old marina theme, but really no one use the default calendar widget anymore, the calendar home widget is WAY better .
Yeah I have heard from other people as well about the calendar widget. D4, I agree that it is best to leave alone as is. Plus it's a hell lot easier installing a widget then doing all of the above

Thanks again!

I've added a hildon-destop to the first post, with (what I hope are) extremely n00b-friendly instructions, if anything isn't clear please let me know.

Coming shortly - complete set of filebox icons (and of course more icons) to the icon theme, some further theme fixes (progress bars) and calendar buttons.

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
_
_

The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:

Tags
d4rk icons, d4rklar, d4rkworks, m4rina d4rk, theme