Active Topics

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pune, India
Originally Posted by Chigurupati View Post
Hello,

this was lovely app, but I'm having an issue, i tunned my phone to the frequency of my car radio which is 100.6 (classic ) i can only use of radio speaker when i place my phone n900 attach to my car radio.
if i move i can hear my radio.

did anybody had this issue? can i have a fix please.

many thanks for your help
Where is your Car's antenna installed?

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
The N900's transmitter cannot overpower a 100KW radio station.
Tune your radio to a dead spot where you hear static, then tune your N900 to the same frequency.

The Following User Says Thank You to glabifrons For This Useful Post:
Do u people get lots of process in conky after the use fm car kit app as everytime i use it according to my conky my processes go sky high into 300, 400 etc which are normaly about 190! How can i prevent this from doing so???

Originally Posted by glabifrons View Post
The N900's transmitter cannot overpower a 100KW radio station.
Tune your radio to a dead spot where you hear static, then tune your N900 to the same frequency.
Sorry bit lost there do you mean I need to tune my radio bellow 100 frequency?

Originally Posted by cooldubai View Post
Where is your Car's antenna installed?
I am not sure it VW passet i cannot see my antenna at all.

Originally Posted by Chigurupati View Post
Sorry bit lost there do you mean I need to tune my radio bellow 100 frequency?
Hi there. you need to use frequency *not8 occupied by any other radio station. Just select "empty" one. you'll get not only better range, but also *much* better sound quality.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
is there any way of enabling the FM transmitter to turn on AFTER the call has been accepted, similar to the way you can turn speakerphone on and off, but perhaps through a status menu? currently, it is possible to turn it on and off after the phonecall has been accepted, but the sound doesnt route through FM.

I don't use my n900 for music, and there is no point in turning it on every time i get in the car, just in the rare event i happen to get a phonecall.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Hi there. you need to use frequency *not8 occupied by any other radio station. Just select "empty" one. you'll get not only better range, but also *much* better sound quality.
WoW thanks a lot mate it did worked i've tuned it to fm 97.5 worked, once i've disconnect the call i need to turn off/on the fmcar kit icon to reconnect how can I keep it on connected to that frequency.

it does says NOKIA on my radio display how cool it is.

cheers this was lovely app thanks to guys who worked on this.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pune, India
A Suggestion:

At times while the N900 is idle, it locks itself, and while driving its difficult to unlock the screen, so I was suggesting that just by a touch on the screen the N900 is unlocked, while the application is running?

Can somebody develope it?

Last edited by cooldubai; 2011-09-27 at 09:02.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
@cooldubai:

In the meantime, you can install the Simple Brightness application which has a control to Leave Display On. You can use it just before using the N900 when driving.