Notices

@haider, check a few pages back for the specific file size, but its around there.

@IsaacDFP,
2) well at least in my case i can confirm that it was the correct wep Key ( testing on my own network )

3) What do you mean same IP address?? Do you mean MAC address?? Are you talking about using a fake authentication attack with aireplay-ng??

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
soon I will upload a video on how to do use this on your N900

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
I asked this in one of other topics on this subject but didn't get an answer is it possible to use these drivers without using the multi-boot reason i'm asking as I don't use nitdroid .. so do i need the multi-boot..

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by SavageBrat View Post
I asked this in one of other topics on this subject but didn't get an answer is it possible to use these drivers without using the multi-boot reason i'm asking as I don't use nitdroid .. so do i need the multi-boot..
Multiboot is not needed, it's just there in case you want to switch between different kernels.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by porselinaheart View Post
@IsaacDFP,
2) well at least in my case i can confirm that it was the correct wep Key ( testing on my own network )

3) What do you mean same IP address?? Do you mean MAC address?? Are you talking about using a fake authentication attack with aireplay-ng??
Up until now, Aircrack-ng has been nothing but educational, and I keep learning so many new linux things (I've been a Windows guy all my life)
2) To be honest, I haven't played around with WEP configuration in years! I trully don't remember if a wep key is self generated or can a user customise it? I know with WPA, one can an entire sentence if needed to. But with WEP, I understand the limitations of 64 and 128bit encryption, but does it have to be ramdom alphanumerical (or hex) keys?
3) No no, I really mean IP address, I find this very weird. Well I based myself on the "Personal IP Address" widget. From the 3 networks, one if my gf's, one is a friend of mine, and another is a neighbor (who...I might have omitted to ask permission but he knows me and i'm not planning to do anything wrong). All three networks are sharing almost the same IP as my home network (WPA2 connection), I get all the time 192.168.2.xx now why is that? I'm still faily new to Linux, in Windows ipconfig /all would give me my answers, showing the proper IP address, MAC address and network name im connected to. I tried ifconfig -a but it gave me weird things I did not understand...

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
the wep key is always a 10 or 26 character HEX key.
some routers let you enter a plain text character string and it uses a non-standard algorithm to convert it to a HEX key. this makes this weak encryption even weaker...
anyways sometimes aircrack knows how to reverse it back to plaintext, sometimes it doesn't. depends on the brand of router i guess.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-01-11 at 08:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
can make it really work.. i'm stock on aireplay-ng -1 0 etc etc..

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
... I get all the time 192.168.2.xx now why is that? I'm still faily new to Linux, in Windows ipconfig /all would give me my answers, showing the proper IP address, MAC address and network name im connected to. I tried ifconfig -a but it gave me weird things I did not understand...
This is normal. 192.168.blah.blah is the IPv4 internal IP address block. There's another one, like 127.10 or something (look it up, I'd say).

Whenever you're on a router, you'll probably (if the router is obeying the proper standards, and you aren't connected to a router which has multiple 'external' IPs to assign) get an IP in that block.

This was part of the IPv4 standard in general: The 'external' world has any number of IP addresses. However, when you're communicating with your internal home network, your machines might need to pass data between each other. They can't view 'each other' by IP addresses that exist 'out there' because then they wouldn't know where the data is actually meant to go. The internal or external IP. So the internal IP address blocks resolve that. Nothing 'out there' ever reports itself as having an 192.168.something.something address to the outside world. However, behind routers, internal networks use addresses in that block to communicate with each other.

The easy way to know what your 'outside' IP is is by going to www.whatismyip.com or something like that. (There's other just as good ones, that one's just easy to remember.) Since that website's server will see your computer's communications as coming from the router's outside IP.

So yeah. It's working. (But at any rate, if the routers you're hacking into are in the same general area, let alone neighborhood, you're going to get external addresses in 'similar' blocks too. Quite possible the first two numbers would be the same. (But you can and probably will see different routers assigning you the same IP address internally.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
using the aireplay-ng -1
i have been able to authenticate but not associate
plz help
also if somebody can tell that how to get aireplay to work on Ad-hoc networks

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
3) No no, I really mean IP address, I find this very weird. Well I based myself on the "Personal IP Address" widget. From the 3 networks, one if my gf's, one is a friend of mine, and another is a neighbor (who...I might have omitted to ask permission but he knows me and i'm not planning to do anything wrong). All three networks are sharing almost the same IP as my home network (WPA2 connection), I get all the time 192.168.2.xx now why is that? I'm still faily new to Linux, in Windows ipconfig /all would give me my answers, showing the proper IP address, MAC address and network name im connected to. I tried ifconfig -a but it gave me weird things I did not understand...
The 192.168.2.xx is a fairly standard address for local area networks (ie. the network in your home). The router or cable modem that supports this network will have the unique IP address.

Last edited by StefanL; 2011-01-13 at 11:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to StefanL For This Useful Post:

Tags
aircrack, aircrack-ng, tutorial