Notices

VNC,so I can remote control my pc
Omweather, to decide which surrounding city is sunny then go
Radio, listen to the raido station in my language
Pindin internet messenger,keep contect with my friend
Gtalk, voice talk with my family member from Ottawa, Toronto,HK,China.(they all have a 770)
What I am looking for is a program with loop slide show,so it can act as a digital frame.(Any one know is there such a program?)Canola just stop at the end of the photo !

Originally Posted by old_old_7 View Post
What I am looking for is a program with loop slide show,so it can act as a digital frame. (Any one know is there such a program?) Canola just stop at the end of the photo!
I keep meaning to ask about the same thing. Anyone got a program that'll do this?

1. Gaim: for chat on AIM/IRC
2. CPU/Mem/Screenshot applet: for system monitoring
3. VNC Viewer: For accessing machines remotely
4. Xterm: For random stuff.

LXDoom
Crazyparking
Battle Gweled - This and above 2, must have some sort of fun
Media Streamer - For streaming from mine, dads PC and Media Server
Mweather - Easily see the weather
Xterminal - I like to have some command line control on Linux
UKTUBE - Watch YouTube videos, haven't worked it out yet
UKMP Dark - For Media
VNC Viewer - For accessing my PC/Server
MPlayer - Media

Mostly just playing around at the moment

For me a big selling point was the USB hosting. I got a Canon camera for it's great movie mode (as well as an underwater housing). It's great to travel light and having just one camera that can shoot video (which I use a lot) as well as decent stills AND go underwater is just great. But video eats up a lot of memory. The 4 gig card holds about half an hour. Fine for a day or two but on a long trip you need more. Yes I could just stock up on memory cards but better to have some way to offload the pictures to a portable USB hard drive. I'm planning to use the 770 for this.

Oh yes and make phone calls with Gizmo while traveling, internet/web mail to.

It's funny though it seems like USB hosting does not get that much attention. I cannot for the life of me figure out why Nokia does not provide this feature without making us hack the device to get it. And so few PDAs have it (Toshiba is one of the few). Half the people at work have a thumb drive in their pocket so you would think people would be screaming for this feature in their portable devices yet it seems like those that want it are a minority. Imagine you have a file on your thumb drive that you want to give to a friend you met at lunch (too big for e-mail). He has his thumb drive, or even his PDA, with him but how do you transfer? Without host mode that thumb drive is useless. Put another way, would you buy a desktop without host mode?

Just bought 770, i will install it to replace my carstereo/nav system.

Firstly i needed proper GPS, secondly good quality wireless soundtransfer to cars music system, i tought that 770 would be up for the job easilly...
Now that i have studiet little, seems that nobody has really ran trough
A2DP:connectivity with 770.

So for small price this would of been car stereo, GPS device, lazy guys solution to throw music trough wlan directly in the car.
(Wont bother to mention about FM-transmitters for audio, theyr all crap what i have tested so far, sound quality isnt up for the rest of the system).

Think ill need to learn to do some coding to get this together.

If i dont get this to work right, then i make some sort of help device to analyze images out of it.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Cincy,Ohio
Originally Posted by ks1g View Post
Yes, I spotted another post someplace suggesting it; works really well; no problems with the browser hanging or the player not launching. Need to edit the names of streams saved to favorites but not that big of an issue. I was trying Live365 and it was frsutrating - it insists on opening another browser window and I was having about a 50% success rate getting the stream to load and play. In contrast, shoutcast is 100%. Recommended.

And my 1GB Sandisk rs-mmc from Buy.com arrived today. Going to split it into swap, a vfat partition for moving data and files over usb, and a big ext2fs partition for everything else.

1.fm,Sky.fm,and DI.fm work too!

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Cincy,Ohio
My 770 is a back-up mini computer/entertainment piece to compliment my aging eMac G4.
Both are running Open-Source stuff,so the 770 is well complimented!

What's on mine? Lets see...

Games:

The standard plus Battlegweled,Blocks, and Tux Puck.
I like puzzlers.

Blogging: Mauku and Wordpy

I have many blogs,and both help me update Twitter and Blogger.

IM/VOIP: Gizmo5

Gizmo is a better IM client than Pidgin IMHO.
It's more reliable and has similar features when setup for IM.

Utilities: Maemo Recorder

Fun for voice recordings!

X Terminal and MWeather

For scripting and for local weather data. OWeather crashes. MWeather works great!

Music: Vagalume,Canola2,basic Audio Player,and Kagu

I adore music. I am addicted to Last.fm radio. Vagalume and Canola2's Last.fm plugin work great!
Kagu is the most reliable music jukebox on the 770.

Video: MPlayer,Canola2,And the basic Video Player

MPlayer plays my MPeg4's. Video Player plays my AVI's.

Photo: Quiver,Mirage,MH Shot tool,and Fickr browser

MH Shoot tool makes good screnshots.
Quiver is not bad. Mirage is faster.
Flickr browser is must-have.

Browser: Opera 8 and MicroB

Opera 8 is faster. It still loads like 50 percent of sites out there.
MicroB is for the other 45 percent of sites. Crashes and all!
I disabled the plugins for MicroB,and it flies!

I use a cheap 1 gig MMC Media card I got from Dealextreme for $4!
Works well and came with an adapter.
64mb of VM set,and the rest is for files!

Last edited by trin20t; 2009-03-15 at 18:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to trin20t For This Useful Post: