Active Topics

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Thanks Pali. I'll try to keep an eye on it, but I'm also gone for the weekend, so I'll have a look next week.

OFFTOPIC: Pali, since I have a few minutes free today I'm trying to compile my own version of kp50 on scratchbox.

Question: where the hell do I find a default .config? (meaning, the one you use for kp50?).

Add.: OK apparently kernel-power-source (not apt-get source kernel-power) has a rx51_defconfig (but no "rx51power_defconfig") so I'm playing a bit with it..

Last edited by reinob; 2012-07-05 at 07:17.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Thanks Pali. I'll try to keep an eye on it, but I'm also gone for the weekend, so I'll have a look next week.
Ok, If there is bug I'd like to fix it.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
OFFTOPIC: Pali, since I have a few minutes free today I'm trying to compile my own version of kp50 on scratchbox.

Question: where the hell do I find a default .config? (meaning, the one you use for kp50?).

Add.: OK apparently kernel-power-source (not apt-get source kernel-power) has a rx51_defconfig (but no "rx51power_defconfig") so I'm playing a bit with it..
default config is applyed by patches: debian/patches/nokia* and debian/patches/rx51*

and kp not using rx51power_defconfig!

But for kp questions, move to thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78371
Here is also info how to compile kernel-power.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
In fact worked for me, sorry for not responding quickly, these days I missed, but the problem was solved the same day that the report, thank for their help.

I'm having the same issue, how did you solve it please?

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Northern Italy
I installed Backupmenu and it came with Bootmenu 1.12. I have NitDroid installed by the automated installer, but I'd rather not mess with multiboot as the last time I tried it it messed up with the kernels and I had to reflash the stock kernel (I later installed the power one). After reflashing and losing Multiboot I can't boot NitDroid anymore. I'd like to use the newly-installed Bootmenu to gain this ability back.

I understand all I need to do is add an .item file that'll boot NitDroid from the internal memory; I've Googled but I only found instructions to do so from a microSD, which involves creating partitions and whatnot.

How should I proceed?

Hi,

I have just installed bootmenu 1.12 from Extras. It correctly loand qhen I power up N900 with the keyboard opened. However, after a while (no matter which option I select), the screen blanks and the N900 powers off. The power off seems to be unhandled because the LCD keeps some time the background image, like when you suddenly remove the battery.

If I restart the N900 with the keyboard closed, Maemo boots and everything is OK.

Could you help me? I try to use the USB transfer mode (pressing CTRL on bootmenu) but the phone powers off after some seconds.

Thanks a lot.

@ikerrg, this sounds like watchdog problem. Try to enable R&D mode and disable watchdogs..

Originally Posted by pali View Post
@ikerrg, this sounds like watchdog problem. Try to enable R&D mode and disable watchdogs..
Sorry, I'm not so an advanced user. I have to use the flash program for that (with the option --enable-rd-mode) but I would like to avoid that until I feel confortable.

Why the watchdogs are enabled in my N900? Is this typical or a specific issue on my device? If I must disable them in R&D mode and then go back to the production mode, I have no problem, but I need to have more information.

Thanks for your time, pali.

watchdogs are enabled on all n900 by default. to prevent n900 rebooting I'm using in bootmenu simple program "watchdogs" which reset watchdog timer every 10s.

sorry, but without flasher it is impossible to find where is problem. first I need to know some more information (e.g. dmes, syslog, console output), but default kernel has no framebuffer output...

Originally Posted by pali View Post
watchdogs are enabled on all n900 by default. to prevent n900 rebooting I'm using in bootmenu simple program "watchdogs" which reset watchdog timer every 10s.

sorry, but without flasher it is impossible to find where is problem. first I need to know some more information (e.g. dmes, syslog, console output), but default kernel has no framebuffer output...
I am using power kernel v50, which has framebuffer support. Indeed, I have also installed Recovery Boot, which requires this kernel to work.

problem is that framebuffer support in kernel-power is provides as module. and you wrote that you cannot enable USB mode. So there is no other way how to load module...

but first I need some logs, so without disabling watchdogs it is not possible

Tags
bootmenu, bootmenu-n900