Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Ah, alright. Didn't think of that when the home screen still doesn't turn, but you're right.

ssu re [version number here]
version --dup

Not sure if you can update straight 1.1.9.28 or should go 1.1.9.27 first.
Hmmm.. I did that and it broke my phone.. wouldn't reboot properly... think I might wait for the official update...

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Is there any 1.1.9.x tester able to report how the TOHKBDv2 work?

TIA

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I wonder how well these changes would be accepted by somebody that's never used Jolla before...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I wonder how well these changes would be accepted by somebody that's never used Jolla before...
If they never used Jolla there should be no perceived changes?

With Sailfish 2.0 all will be same like with Sailfish 1.0: most will complain it is complicated and swipe around disoriented and unfocused on just getting a task done, trying to navigate to the familiar app store in order to download something they know well.

If they are prepared to invest a couple of days in getting used to it, they will coop and eventually like it.

But then they have to have purchased the device despite the many press opinions written after a couple of hours of Sailfish usage in between testing Android hardware.

I wonder who is pulling the wagon of Sailfish 2.0 development?

Maemo / Harmattan users and early adopters "fans" <--- Jolla -->>>>> Android using masses and potential future hardware manufacturing partners

Personally I don't worry much about the small changes in the interface as long as they don't touch multitasking.

I would like to see more options even if they are hidden in confusing expert menu structures like good old Symbian.
Especially application security options.

Applications: I only need SIP and Firefox native to ditch Alien Dalvik.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Ah, alright. Didn't think of that when the home screen still doesn&#39;t turn, but you&#39;re right.
Yeah, I think that is what they meant when they said this was the first, major part of 2.0 and the rest of the bits would come in the following update.

Also, you should just be able to update straight to 1.1.9.28, even if you are on a version lower than 1.1.7.28.

Looking at the carnage and total chaos on TJC ("I have no idea what I am doing and no patience so updating to an unreleased version in an unsupported way bricked my phone, pls halp"), I think I can understand why these version numbers are not announced beforehand.

(This apostrophe bug frustrates me to no end.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Is there any 1.1.9.x tester able to report how the TOHKBDv2 work?
TIA
TOHKBD in general works. It seems as if setting the Keyboard Layout in the normal Jolla Settings now affects the layout of the TOHKBD. I have set it to German, and now can write umlauts with the TOHKBD. on the other hand it seems as if it is using a "real" German layout now, so for example the "-" key on my QWERTZ TOHKBD doesn't write a "-", but a "ß" (as it would be on a standard PC Keyboard for the key at that position). So the printed layout on the TOHKBD doesn't match up exactly with the Layout that is used.

All this was tested on SFOS 1.1.9.28 using the latest 0.4.2 of the tohkbd software

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
Hmmm.. I did that and it broke my phone.. wouldn't reboot properly... think I might wait for the official update...
You need to have the Early access update first before you can directly go to 2.0

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I have noticed something missing..........

Where is the provider name located!??!

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I have noticed something missing..........

Where is the provider name located!??!
StatusArea.qml

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Hi there..I have early update activated but still no 1.1.9 update..is there any sort of device selection???