Originally Posted by smartieroadie View Post
They assess it without the VAT but that shouldn't make much of a difference. It means you will have gone over by 1.2gig (remember you will get 500meg as standard) which will cost you £10 extra....so it's more than 10% in my book!
they charge for the first kb over the 500 though don't they? so it would be the 15 pound?
either way,with my limited ability its still way over 10 percent?

confused

Still no contact from them other than the pac code
REALLY p1ssed off now
If I was to use the pac code then they could assume I was cancelling and agreeing to pay the ETF's

Wierd thing is, nowhere in any of my cancellation letters, or emails did I ask for my pac code.

I sent another email yesterday but as usual no reply.
Think I'll rack up andother 1.1GB before the billing date, that will mean the bill goes up by WAY more than the 10% they required, even though I'd already sent proof of why I think it will be higher and going by my previous bills it would anyway.

God I HATE that company now

Originally Posted by chilly9876 View Post
Hi Guys,

Just some info, I followed the advice on here and on wednesday used one of the template letters from here and sent an e-mail to all 3 email adds provided.

Got that reply the next morning on thursday that some of u got from the directors office saying if i can cancel i'd be contacted before end of the day, if i can't cancel i'd be told in writing.

I gave it until 4pm, I hadn't recieved a call so i emailed back to the director's office saying that I havent received a call and hope it is not because you are hoping to write to me with some excuse to why i can't cancel as i have shown my t&c's to a solicitor who has said there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to cancel. After 10 yrs with vodafone I am disappointed that you have breached our terms and would be even more disappointed if you were then to try and keep me on a contract illegitimately.

Within 40 mins i recieved a call from CS with the usual 3 options.
I opted for a 12month sim only deal, 900mins, unlimited texts, 1.5gb internet and 1000 landline mins for 17.50 a month.

Hope thats helped some of you..and thanks to all those whose info helped me.
I owe you a pint!

2 Hours after i sent a new email using your idea, i had a reply back telling me that they "have assessed my request and confirm that i can cancel without penalty and keep all equipment provided"

But... i have not received my PAC code yet. they say they are processing it, but that was Friday, hoping i get it today so i can go to O2 shop and get a new sim.

Originally Posted by munkiii View Post
I owe you a pint!

2 Hours after i sent a new email using your idea, i had a reply back telling me that they "have assessed my request and confirm that i can cancel without penalty and keep all equipment provided"

But... i have not received my PAC code yet. they say they are processing it, but that was Friday, hoping i get it today so i can go to O2 shop and get a new sim.
"go to 02 shop and get a new sim"

check out giffgaff mate! it's 02 network but much better deal.

All,
I sent email and hardcopy and got a reply from them on Friday evening saying "We have assessed your last bill and confirm the charges would not increase your overall bill by more than 10% .Consequently you are not eligible to cancel your account...."
[edit]

Their data is correct my last bill did not go over 500Mb, however in June and July it did then i stopped using GPRS because of this charging ?
[edit]

It clearly suits them to look at my last bill as it does not exceed 10% - is that it over for me ?

Last edited by ferrari312; 2010-10-04 at 11:08.

Originally Posted by crispy View Post
"go to O2 shop and get a new sim"

check out giffgaff mate! it's O2 network but much better deal.
I thought the £15 O2 offer was ok for me, but obviously, the £10 GiffGaff offer is even better for me.

How does it work exactly?

Do i have to top up £10 on same date each month? i.e. Will my first £10 top up be used and then i will be told when it runs out?

EDIT: Just been readin the site, seems i can do Auto-Top Up.

Last edited by munkiii; 2010-10-04 at 13:24.

Any chance someone can comment on my previous post yesterday @ 12:06 PM ?

I've just received the text containing my PAC code and confirming I can end my contract and keep the equiipment...

Has anybody received the text and then taken out a brand new Vodafone contract? Will I be able to do this? Will I be able to keep my number? I quite like the look of the HTC Desire HD...

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by ferrari312 View Post
Any chance someone can comment on my previous post yesterday @ 12:06 PM ?
Unfortunately you're in a pickle. I think the 10% clause is in the contract, and a 10% increase in the previous months bill is also in there (am i wrong?). This is why a lot of people started streaming music and watching youtube videos to raise their data useage so when the charges were introduced they were in a position to say "look!!! im more than 10%".

Follow the vodafone forums on this topic to get more info but Vodafone are playing with us so we must find a way out.

Oh loooky !!! i replied again this morning via email.

And this afternoon i have a PAC code saying i can leave without charge. awesome.

thanks to all who have contributed.

Last edited by ferrari312; 2010-10-05 at 13:42.

Tags
vodafone con