Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Now I am curious... Can't you just listen for the "coming" dbus signal:

Code:
    if ( !QDBusConnection::systemBus().connect("com.nokia.csd.Call", "/com/nokia/csd/call",
        "com.nokia.csd.Call", "Coming", this, SLOT(callComing(QDBusObjectPath,QString))
    ) ) return false;
and after checking if the number matches your gv number accept the call with another dbus call?

Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.csd.Call /com/nokia/csd/call/1 com.nokia.csd.Call.Instance.Answer
Or is the problem that you are trying to also handle call backs on other "accounts" like skype ?
I thought I had read in some documentation that Coming wasn't enough, you have to check the call status which I haven't had a chance to play with yet.

Though the call API only works with Cell, I was hoping the Coming and Answer calls would work with any CM. Vain hope but it is there. Otherwise unless we can get telepathy automation working I'm fine with at least giving those who work with cell that much

p.s. I started playing with telepathy following your advice and have already something that works... The next version of mycontacts will be able to start calls and send sms using TOR (and any other telepathy account for that matter). Thanks!
How did you get calls and SMS working with Telepathy? A couple of us have given up on it I was planning on posting on the telepathy list some thoughts I had on client automation.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Question about the one ring. If I install is it going to load all my google voice contacts into my address book? I like the idea of being able to choose regular call or google voice call in the dail pa but really dont want all my google voice people in my address book.

Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Question about the one ring. If I install is it going to load all my google voice contacts into my address book? I like the idea of being able to choose regular call or google voice call in the dail pa but really dont want all my google voice people in my address book.
I think I put in a flag to disable GVoice Contacts

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by epage View Post
I thought I had read in some documentation that Coming wasn't enough, you have to check the call status which I haven't had a chance to play with yet.

Though the call API only works with Cell, I was hoping the Coming and Answer calls would work with any CM. Vain hope but it is there. Otherwise unless we can get telepathy automation working I'm fine with at least giving those who work with cell that much
The coming is enough. That is what I use to manage the ring tone.
I haven't tested but, like you, I think only works for "tel" calls.

How did you get calls and SMS working with Telepathy? A couple of us have given up on it I was planning on posting on the telepathy list some thoughts I had on client automation.
What I accomplished so far is telling telepathy to use a "service" (account: tel, spirit, tor, ...) and start a call to a number or start the "sms" messaging ui for the phone number. It is really nice and seamless...

I know using qt mobility and/or tpsession you can also send a sms directly from your application (not start the messaging ui).

What are you trying to do?

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Oh okay if I download it wont load my google voice contacts? Great will be installing soon to test this out im sure it will work great like your other google voice app. Thanks for all your hard work with these apps.

The coming is enough. That is what I use to manage the ring tone.
I haven't tested but, like you, I think only works for "tel" calls.
But does your ring tone app try to answer? The wiki seems to be down right now but in there is a quote lifted from a discussion saying that a 1s sleep is needed (or listening for Call Status) for answering a call because it is not in the right state.

What I accomplished so far is telling telepathy to use a "service" (account: tel, spirit, tor, ...) and start a call to a number or start the "sms" messaging ui for the phone number. It is really nice and seamless...

I know using qt mobility and/or tpsession you can also send a sms directly from your application (not start the messaging ui).

What are you trying to do?
Starting a call with a service would be good for implementing the call-out (rather than call-back) approach.

But does your ring tone app try to answer? The wiki seems to be down right now but in there is a quote lifted from a discussion saying that a 1s sleep is needed (or listening for Call Status) for answering a call because it is not in the right state.
I see... I haven't tried to answer the call (at least not after receiving the coming signal). The 1s sleep doesn't sound too bad though...

Starting a call with a service would be good for implementing the call-out (rather than call-back) approach.
I am still getting my head around the steps to place the call and was trying to clean the code to find out what I actually need. If you want I can send you the "test application" executable I got to work.

As I can recall you need to:
1. create the account manager
2. wait for the account manager to become ready
3. you will get the list of accounts
4. for the account you want to use you need to wait for it to get ready
5. check if the account "haveConnection"... if not you can't continue
6. wait for the account->connection() to becomeReady
7. then you are almost there
8. to send a sms you just need use (on telepathy-qt4)
Code:
account.data()->ensureTextChat("1212121212"); // phone number
9. to start a call there is a trick - you can't use ensureVoiceCall... It will fail...you have to create the channel request by "hand":
Code:
    QVariantMap request;
    request.insert(QLatin1String(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".ChannelType"), TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL_TYPE_STREAMED_MEDIA);
    request.insert(QLatin1String(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".TargetHandleType"), (uint) Tp::HandleTypeContact);
    request.insert(QLatin1String(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".TargetID"), "111111111"); // phone number

return account.data()->ensureChannel(request);
some notes:
  • By the documentation it seems that you could start with the "account" if you know the "objectPath" (skip the account manager part).
  • Because all the calls are async you probably need to "start" the account connection with your application and keep it for the entire life cycle making sure to listen to all the changes on it. Trying to get everything ready every time you need to place a call maybe not worth...
  • EDIT: you may not need to get the connection ready before creating the channels. I did not try this but by reading on my post gave me this idea... I know you need the connection in order to get the list of contacts.

I will post the code for each step as soon as I separate it from all the "other failed testing" attempts.

Let me know if you would like the test app, with it you can already call and text any number using any "account" you are connected to.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-07-23 at 02:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
I see... I haven't tried to answer the call (at least not after receiving the coming signal). The 1s sleep doesn't sound too bad though...

I am still getting my head around the steps to place the call and was trying to clean the code to find out what I actually need. If you want I can send you the "test application" executable I got to work.

As I can recall you need to:
1. create the account manager
2. wait for the account manager to become ready
3. you will get the list of accounts
4. for the account you want to use you need to wait for it to get ready
5. check if the account "haveConnection"... if not you can't continue
6. wait for the account->connection() to becomeReady
7. then you are almost there
8. to send a sms you just need use (on telepathy-qt4)
Code:
account.data()->ensureTextChat("1212121212"); // phone number
9. to start a call there is a trick - you can't use ensureVoiceCall... It will fail...you have to create the channel request by "hand":
Code:
    QVariantMap request;
    request.insert(QLatin1String(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".ChannelType"), TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL_TYPE_STREAMED_MEDIA);
    request.insert(QLatin1String(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".TargetHandleType"), (uint) Tp::HandleTypeContact);
    request.insert(QLatin1String(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".TargetID"), "111111111"); // phone number

return account.data()->ensureChannel(request);
some notes:
  • By the documentation it seems that you could start with the "account" if you know the "objectPath" (skip the account manager part).
  • Because all the calls are async you probably need to "start" the account connection with your application and keep it for the entire life cycle making sure to listen to all the changes on it. Trying to get everything ready every time you need to place a call maybe not worth...
  • EDIT: you may not need to get the connection ready before creating the channels. I did not try this but by reading on my post gave me this idea... I know you need the connection in order to get the list of contacts.

I will post the code for each step as soon as I separate it from all the "other failed testing" attempts.

Let me know if you would like the test app, with it you can already call and text any number using any "account" you are connected to.
I saw this pattern in the various code samples for telepathy, however when it comes to handling StreamedMedia, the only sample I've seen that is reasonably complete is the tp-qt4 "call" sample code. That sample code actually handles the StreamedMedia channels itself using Farsight2 as far as I could understand.
To me, this means that call "handling" terminates with me, and not with the Nokia supplied dialer: rtcomm-call-ui.
And this is where I'm stuck.

You know what? I feel we should have a irc channel so that we stop hijacking this TOR thread with these development / hacking efforts...
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
I saw this pattern in the various code samples for telepathy, however when it comes to handling StreamedMedia, the only sample I've seen that is reasonably complete is the tp-qt4 "call" sample code. That sample code actually handles the StreamedMedia channels itself using Farsight2 as far as I could understand.
To me, this means that call "handling" terminates with me, and not with the Nokia supplied dialer: rtcomm-call-ui.
And this is where I'm stuck.

You know what? I feel we should have a irc channel so that we stop hijacking this TOR thread with these development / hacking efforts...
I also saw the telepathy call sample and have to say that could not even get it to compile. Unless you have any need to deal with the stream and/or create your own "I am on a call with X" window (and I am not sure if you can) the process I described is enough to place calls on any "accounts" (I have tried with skype, tel and tor).

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

epage/uvatbc:
I copied the pieces of the code that I think are needed to http://maemo.crochik.com/qt-development/telepathy

It looks really simple now that I know how it can be done!

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5