At first i couldnt install PR1.2 even though it was in application manager. NSU wasnt happening.

So heard on here that re-installing the original (Which NSU has as default) would allow the install of PR1.2.....

SUCCESS

i see Ovi Maps has changed a little....only change for the good is direct link with contacts!

I wonder if someone could help?

I've read almost every post from page 50 so forgive me if it was answered previously.

I have an N900 purchased SIM free with a Vodafone contract (from the first place that had them in the UK back in first week of Dec 2009) so I'm guessing I have the global Firmware.

I currently have the 3.2010 firmware and NSU is saying that's the newest firmware and also no OTA update so I've tried reflashing it with the current firmware available from the NSU but this hasn't shown the OTA option (after doing a manual "upgrade" check using the app manager) so I'm attempting to flash it

I've downloaded the flasher and .bin image file, I am on windows 7 64bit, so i've rebooted using the "Disable Trusted Driver Enforcement" which i'm guessing is what's mentioned here

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f...28Vista.267.29

so then I turn off the N900 and wait 30 seconds or so to make sure it is off, then hold on U and plugin the USB lead, Windows detects an N900 ROM mode and then mentions not drivers for it and fails. which I'm assuming is fine as it's not trying to install anything

now when I run the command from the flasher I get lots of bumf of information with lots of numbers then it stops and says

"Suitable USB device not found, waiting." and it just stays there, I've tried it a few times and tried running the command and then U and plugging it in and still no luck

any ideas on what I can do to get it to work?

Thanks peeps!

Hi can anyone help with the problem in this thread?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53664

(software updater says the software is upto date?)thanks

Hi guys, just a question, I bought my nokia n900 in flagship store in london first day it got there, i have the language and region setup for UK all the time, i am in london, i have english sim card in it, but i just cant see the update in the app manager, i keep on refreshin but nothing is coming up... anybody knows anything?Thx...

Originally Posted by Don07 View Post
Hi guys, just a question, I bought my nokia n900 in flagship store in london first day it got there, i have the language and region setup for UK all the time, i am in london, i have english sim card in it, but i just cant see the update in the app manager, i keep on refreshin but nothing is coming up... anybody knows anything?Thx...
If you can wait, wait until tomorrow. If you can't, download and flash your phone

The Following User Says Thank You to Spr33 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Spr33 View Post
If you can wait, wait until tomorrow. If you can't, download and flash your phone
Fair enough, just bugging me that I am actually in UK but cant get it OTA as every web page keeps telling me that i can:/

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I asked the same question couple of pages ago, but no one replied, so I've figured I'm the only one who has encountered this problem, but just to be on the safe side - does anyone have problems with extras-devel failing to refresh after the update?

Originally Posted by ALLEyezOnMe View Post
I asked the same question couple of pages ago, but no one replied, so I've figured I'm the only one who has encountered this problem, but just to be on the safe side - does anyone have problems with extras-devel failing to refresh after the update?
Seems like a few people around the board are having that problem. I'm unaware of a fix to that righ tnow

It could be because your N900 is classed as a global device, before networks like voda and O2 etc sold them, they were imported from other countries (namely Finland) and sold SIM free with a seperate contract, so the device is classed as a global one, not a UK one as it wasn't provided by a UK network provider

When the networks saw how popular it was, they then started to stock it

I have the same problem so attempting to manually flash it but waiting for someone to reply to my post above

Last edited by flegg; 2010-05-25 at 20:48.

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
I'm quite amazed that i'm unintaling masses of applications just to get the OTA to install and over come this RootFS issue.

Ovi NSU is saying i've the latest firmware. In this post theres suggestions to reinstall the my current 'old pr firmware via Ovi NSU then Ovi NSU will install PR1.2 but that requires me to do a back up to my pc.

Unfortunately the spare pc memory is not quite enough to allow a back up of the N900 which is carrying up to 3500 songs. So if i do the NSU update without back up i loose lots on the device and OTA is dependant on RootFS space that the N900 OS has clogged up through its own doing.

I've cleaned lots out've rootfs, removed many many applications, disabled applicaion catalogues but its not moving beyond 53MB spare at present.

For a change i'm losing patience with the device and the back peddling i'm doing in order to peddle forwards.

I was one of many here holding out patiently for PR1.2 too grrrrrrr hahaha.

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Last edited by Astute; 2010-05-25 at 21:38.