Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Read here, please!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=687
I already installed this, but MfE was not working. FMG already found the problem and i think there is a new update. I will try to reinstall old one ...

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
The versions are hardcoded in the script, because apt-get fetches packages with a fixed version for the thumb2 compiled packages. Did you notice
i've updated the old post too.
This is the edited post, that contains the changes. You later upgrade your phone
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
to fetch modest and system-services.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
i updated and modest working......thanks

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I want this "you mean that after upgrading system-services your device won't boot? " answered, as if that is the case there is a chance -testing to be affected by the same bug, as this package is coming from the latest CSSU-testing
Yes - i verified it twice - this specific package causes this on my device.

the "how do i check that" was referring to:

"do you have something pre-mounted by kernel-power early mount scripts?"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Bump:

There is a new update available, but it won't appear in HAM, see changelog in OP for details
So, for those who did not upgrade yet (in the couple of days I mean), the upgrade process is still using the script instead of HAM?

Last edited by llucax; 2012-09-17 at 09:49. Reason: fix typo (add the bold not)

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Yes - i verified it twice - this specific package causes this on my device.
Not good, it comes from CSSU-testing and has nothing to do with -thumb

the "how do i check that" was referring to:

"do you have something pre-mounted by kernel-power early mount scripts?"
Will try to find Pali for help, as he is the one to upload the package in question, so he knows what exactly gets modified.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-09-17 at 13:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by llucax View Post
So, for those who did not upgrade yet (in the couple of days I mean), the upgrade process is still using the script instead of HAM?
Fixed for you

Yes, if you're upgrading from an earlier version, you should use the script.

For those installing it for the first time, the instructions in the first post apply.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

@impeham - would you enable framebuffer console driver so we can get info where boot process gets stuck? Search the forum on how to do that.

Community SSU developer

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Fixed for you
Thanks! I fixed it myself just a couple of minutes after I post it

Yes, if you're upgrading from an earlier version, you should use the script.

For those installing it for the first time, the instructions in the first post apply.
And is it expected that some of the packages can't be authenticated?

Code:
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  mp-fremantle-community-pr alarmd libalarm2 apt libcurl3 apt-transport-https libgtk2.0-0 libgtk2.0-common libgtk2.0-bin libxml2 libosso-gnomevfs2-0
  libosso-gnomevfs2-common camera-ui libhildonfm2 hildon-application-manager hildon-control-panel libclutter-0.8-0 hildon-desktop hildon-home hildon-status-menu libnss3
  libnss3-certs libnspr4 libqt4-declarative libqt4-webkit libqt4-multimedia libqt4-svg libqt4-script libqt4-maemo5 libqt4-dbus libqt4-xmlpatterns libqt4-phonon
  libqt4-xml libqt4-opengl libqt4-gui libqt4-network libqt4-sql-sqlite libqt4-sql libqt4-test libqt4-translations libqt4-core libqtm-bearer libqtm-contacts
  libqtm-location libqtm-messaging libqtm-multimedia libqtm-publishsubscribe libqtm-sensors libqtm-serviceframework libqtm-systeminfo libqtm-versit libtinymail-1.0-0
  libtinymail-camel-1.0-0 libtinymail-gnomevfs-1.0-0 libtinymailui-1.0-0 libtinymailui-gtk-1.0-0 libtinymail-maemo-1.0-0 microb-engine microb-engine-common modest

Originally Posted by llucax View Post
Thanks! I fixed it myself just a couple of minutes after I post it

And is it expected that some of the packages can't be authenticated?

Code:
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  mp-fremantle-community-pr alarmd libalarm2 apt libcurl3 apt-transport-https libgtk2.0-0 libgtk2.0-common libgtk2.0-bin libxml2 libosso-gnomevfs2-0
  libosso-gnomevfs2-common camera-ui libhildonfm2 hildon-application-manager hildon-control-panel libclutter-0.8-0 hildon-desktop hildon-home hildon-status-menu libnss3
  libnss3-certs libnspr4 libqt4-declarative libqt4-webkit libqt4-multimedia libqt4-svg libqt4-script libqt4-maemo5 libqt4-dbus libqt4-xmlpatterns libqt4-phonon
  libqt4-xml libqt4-opengl libqt4-gui libqt4-network libqt4-sql-sqlite libqt4-sql libqt4-test libqt4-translations libqt4-core libqtm-bearer libqtm-contacts
  libqtm-location libqtm-messaging libqtm-multimedia libqtm-publishsubscribe libqtm-sensors libqtm-serviceframework libqtm-systeminfo libqtm-versit libtinymail-1.0-0
  libtinymail-camel-1.0-0 libtinymail-gnomevfs-1.0-0 libtinymailui-1.0-0 libtinymailui-gtk-1.0-0 libtinymail-maemo-1.0-0 microb-engine microb-engine-common modest
Hmm, IIRC the instructions in the OP are saying that HAM should be used, not apt-get.

Community SSU developer

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life