Notices

Mine is up and running too.

The Following User Says Thank You to asa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Bah, it was just me. Or my operator, to be correct. There was proper 4g on Jolla, but somehow network was dead. It started working again after a while, and now it disconnected again. But anyway, Whatsup over wifi works like a charm.

The Following User Says Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MoritzJT View Post
After quite a while I have finally been unblocked (send about 15 mails to them - yay! I was this close to leaving the service alltogether!)
I got blocked yesterday after trying to add a contact to a group conversation. It didn't seem to work in the first try, so I tried again.

May I ask: what did you tell them in order to get unbanned?

The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by till View Post
I got blocked yesterday after trying to add a contact to a group conversation. It didn't seem to work in the first try, so I tried again.

May I ask: what did you tell them in order to get unbanned?
Hi. It just happened to me the same as you. I've tried to add a user to a group and next thing I knew I got disconnected. Then tried to register again and now it says I'm blocked.

Is sending an email to whatsapp the only solution??

Thanks!
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

Hi till, jem555,

as I stated I send them about 15 mails asking to be unbanned because I did not violate any of their TOS.

I did that mostly via the WhatsApp android client (which got flagged as rooted via their logs that get attached) and my Symbian client trying to register my number there. Include your number and state your case.

Mostly I was in contact with italian support, but in the end a few times I managed to get hold of german support too. I think that's what did the trick for me in the end. Persistence!

However don't expect that procedure to work quickly or at all.

Good luck to you!

Maybe the devs can take this as a hint and further evaluate how group management actions deviate from the stock way of doing things. I will donate again soon I guess ;-)

For now I would take this as a warning and refrain from any group management so far, as long as we don't know what's causing this. I hope this is not the end of a functional WhatsApp client on SFOS and Harmattan!

BR

MoritzJT

Last edited by MoritzJT; 2015-12-04 at 08:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to MoritzJT For This Useful Post:
thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately I did violate their TOS by using an unofficial client, so the only solution seems to be use a different number and avoid group administration.

Or wait some month to see if the ban gets removed...

That is sweet... tell them you didn't ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to MoritzJT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
No.you not violate. You are using iPhone with official whaTzapp client and you are get banned. Please that there unbanned your number. They are asking for phone, firmware and whatzapp release. But Ian fighting 2 weeks now

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by chilango View Post
No.you not violate. You are using iPhone with official whaTzapp client and you are get banned. Please that there unbanned your number. They are asking for phone, firmware and whatzapp release. But Ian fighting 2 weeks now
what is whatzapp?

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hi. Thanks for your reply... I was also using whatsup on SFOS. Anyway, if that is the only way I'll try sending emails then. I'll let you know on any change.
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup