Originally Posted by zonk0r View Post
please find a phone more expensive than this..

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4...rlrefer=search

i dare you
Don't buy your electronics in the UK, plain and simple (this coming from a European with an american N900). Especially with the rate of the Pound the last few years.

It's $640 unlocked direct from Apple in the US.

Hell, for the price difference you can take a trip to New York and still spend less.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
I agree.

Check availability for the US at:
http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...k-availability

??? Maybe waiting for WP7?

I just don't get it. Unless it won't be offered in the States, then I actually sort of get it (but hate Nokia for trying to rip off non-US customers in that way).
It doens't have Brazil listed as well :P

But Maybe it's just a matter of time. N900 wasnt available here at launch, but it was released here, eventually.

And about radio frequencies, I don't think it would be an issue, it's not like we need 1.3 to be released officially to have it fixed. The packages can always be done before it, specially considering that Nokia have Maemo code for that, that can be ported, in time for september, and a product worthy of that investiment. I think US is not not listed just because they don't want to assume any compromises with that. I bet we will see an US announcement in some time.

Last edited by Verythrax; 2011-06-21 at 13:52.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
For close to the same price I can get the Maestro C from Evolve III
http://www.evolvethree.com.au/produc...nvertible.html
With a keyboard
With hdmi out
With SD card slot
With removable battery
with two other operating systems that both have flash 10 on them.

Last edited by aironeous; 2011-06-21 at 14:03.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
It doens't have Brazil listed as well
Nor the United Kingdom.

Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
Don't buy your electronics in the UK, plain and simple (this coming from a European with an american N900). Especially with the rate of the Pound the last few years.

It's $640 unlocked direct from Apple in the US.

Hell, for the price difference you can take a trip to New York and still spend less.
i know the UK market is absurd, but I live here and would rather spend my money in the UK than the US. Although a massive chunk of the money i spend on these products will go abroad, at least some stays in the UK.

Based on UK prices therefore - I can't see this phone costing £700, even for the 64GB version.

Am I right in thinking this OMAP version is the one that the Sammy Hummingbird CPU was based on? I would not be suprised - especially given nokia are sammy's biggest chip customer.

The memory modules will be the thing that'll push the price up, mainly because 70% (ballpark figure) of all of these modules were produced by Toshiba, who had to close their two main plants down in Japan because of the Tsunami.

With the price of AMOLED screens about the plummet with that HUGGGEEEE fab plant coming online in the next month or two as well, I can't see any reason for the price of this phone to be high - apart from the memory, and maybe ramp it up because of development costs - but I can't see them punishing the customer with that on a first-release device anyways?

So basically the N950 is in all ways better device than N9. There is nothing that the N9 does that the N950 can not do better!

And that is the flagship device. :-(
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zonk0r View Post
If you check the MeeGo Roadmap, you will notice that North American radio standards are not supported until MeeGo release 1.3 in October - so in short, No. This device is not intended for the American Market.
Source for this? Not that I doubt you; just this is the first time I've honestly heard this.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Is there any chance of N950s being distributed to winners of the Meego Coding Competition?
Dude, who is more deserving or in need of an n950 than you?

Apply. Today.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Make one for the N950 while you are at it.

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
We need *your* voice! http://twitition.com/3c3ah

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland