Originally Posted by ferrari312 View Post
This is a mess !

Today i received my giff gaff sim along with a letter from vodaphone saying i COULD NOT cancel contradicting that last email i received which that stated i could leave along with my PAC code with no charges.

I going to use the PAC code and cancel the DD ... fun a games

Its clear vodafone are in disarray over this
didn't voda say they were mailing everybody who couldnt cancel.
maybe they posted your letter before you got termination.

giffgaff...i have used 1.5 gb on my 10 pound goodybag so far.
looks like it truely is unlimited.

i have emailed voda on every email i can get hold of and they are just ignoring me now it seems. they really are a set of arsewipes!!

I am really fed up with Voda just giving me the run around this is the email they sent me.
Hi Philip,

I completely understand your frustration in not having your query dealt with in a more efficient manner

I apologise for all the inconvenience caused and I am happy to help you.

Phlip, I confirm that your price plan is 700 minutes + 250 texts + Vodafone passport + Vodafone Mobile Internet @ £38.30 excluding vat.

If you have any proof that we have offered you Unlimited Internet on you account, please get back to me and I'll be happy to update it on our system.

Philip, to take your number to a new provider you need a PAC (Port Authorisation Code).

We will attempt to contact you within the next 48 working hours to give you your PAC code and go over the final details of your account. The number we will call from will be 08080 024636, please save this in your phone contacts so you know it is Vodafone calling.

Your 12 month commitment period has started from 4th January 2010 and will be complete on 3rd of January 2011. To cancel your account before your commitment completion date and transfer it to another service provider, there will be an early cancellation charge and this will appear on your final bill. Your early cancellation charge as of today is £108.84.

In the meantime I’ve arranged this to be sent to you, which you will receive within 48 working hours. When you receive it, all you need to do is advise your new Service Provider of the PAC.

They’ll then process your request and provide you with a date your number will be transferred. This is called a port date.

As soon as your number ports to your new Service Provider your account with Vodafone will cease. You will receive final bill once the number is ported. You will be required to pay line rental and call charges up to this date.

Please note that if your PAC code is not used your Vodafone account will remain active until you instruct us further. The PAC is valid for 30 days from the date of issue.

I trust this helps.

Kind regards,

Sanmita Mule
Vodafone Customer Services

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Strange thing happened. I got a letter (through the post) in reply to my letter requesting my contract be cancelled in lieu of the Introduction of Out of Bundle charges. The letter confirmed that I can cancel and provided me with a PAC code.

This is strange because Vodafone had previously said by email that they would call the customers who could cancel and write letters to those who couldnt explaining why not.

So Im free of vodafone. Thanks to all who contributed in this thread.

afaq,

I'm opposite;

i sent a letter and email.

Voda replied by email to say , i can cancel but i must pay the full amount.

I replied to this email, and received and 2nd response saying i could cancel without charge and the email contained my PAC code.

This morning i received a letter saying i could not LOL.

So I'm now in the position of not really knowing here i stand - however i have already transfered the PAC to giff gaff and this will of course mean the voda account terminates - i'm now worried that they are gonna come looking for £400 ....

Originally Posted by tib996 View Post
only just got a n900 and i'm getting txts to say i'm about to go over my data usage. Is it to late to do anything about it now? Am i stuck with vodafone?

Any help greatly appreciated
anyone????????

Originally Posted by Tib996 View Post
anyone????????
When did you start your contract? (exact date). If it has been in the last month or two then you are out of luck. Vodafone announced the 500Mb limit recently and thus have not marketed their new contracts as Unlimited*

So depends when you started with Vodafone.

* Fair use policy

Originally Posted by ferrari312 View Post
afaq,

I'm opposite;

i sent a letter and email.

Voda replied by email to say , i can cancel but i must pay the full amount.

I replied to this email, and received and 2nd response saying i could cancel without charge and the email contained my PAC code.

This morning i received a letter saying i could not LOL.

So I'm now in the position of not really knowing here i stand - however i have already transfered the PAC to giff gaff and this will of course mean the voda account terminates - i'm now worried that they are gonna come looking for £400 ....
I say take the response that suits you. They messed up you didnt. Cancel your Direct debit (assume you already have). And when they come looking for money say you have communication which states the opposite. As a consumer I believe you have the advantage here. They wont take you to court.

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Strange thing happened. I got a letter (through the post) in reply to my letter requesting my contract be cancelled in lieu of the Introduction of Out of Bundle charges. The letter confirmed that I can cancel and provided me with a PAC code.

This is strange because Vodafone had previously said by email that they would call the customers who could cancel and write letters to those who couldnt explaining why not.

So Im free of vodafone. Thanks to all who contributed in this thread.
I got that letter too, even tho its been almost a month since I left VF lol!

I took out my contract in december 2009, been recieving texts saying I'm about to go over my limit and I didn't do anything untill a few days ago I rang them up about the problem they said there was a 14 day cooling period and if I wanted to cancel I'd have to pay cancellation fees... is it too late for me to have any chance of cancelling for free, is the cooling period true?

I'm not mistaken by thinking if the contract is cancelled the phone is still ours, am I?

Last edited by pharaoh92; 2010-10-07 at 14:38.

Originally Posted by pharaoh92 View Post
I took out my contract in december 2009, been recieving texts saying I'm about to go over my limit and I didn't do anything untill a few days ago I rang them up about the problem they said there was a 14 day cooling period and if I wanted to cancel I'd have to pay cancellation fees... is it too late for me to have any chance of cancelling for free, is the cooling period true?

I'm not mistaken by thinking if the contract is cancelled the phone is still ours, am I?
The new charges were introduced Oct 1 (as per the text, which you said you were also getting). They were legally obliged to give you 14 days notice (minimum) before introducing these charges. So Vodafone informed everyone at the latest by 15th Sept 2010. As It is now past Oct 1, you have missed your window to cancel (which was before Oct 1).

There might be another way but I am not aware of it. Best to contact them directly and see what response you get. Email the directors office (email was given a few posts back).

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:

Tags
vodafone con