Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, did not even consider that it may be mandatory :P

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Do you know what all the connection applet icons mean?
Well... I'm aware of three: on-normal, on-ad hoc, and off. It did take me a while to learn what the ad hoc one meant.

Does your connection applet show strength in the icon?
It does not, my mistake.

Most of the buttons are finger friendly and those three buttons aren't that hard to press unless you have huge fingers. They also make it quicker to access the sound levels which is another goal for ASUI.
I don't really see the advantage of quick access here; I expect for most cases, these levels are set-and-forget.

But, I have said my piece and will let it rest. Just because I'm kvetching, don't think I'm not very appreciative of this software. ASUI is both one of the best-done solo projects I've encountered, and one of the most useful. My N800 was sitting in a drawer for over a year, but since installing ASUI I've been using it a lot more.

Originally Posted by mcow View Post
I don't really see the advantage of quick access here; I expect for most cases, these levels are set-and-forget.
I find the sounds annoying when using headset or headphones but like to have them on when using speakers.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Have some odd behavior going on. Think it might be ASUI related.
If my n800 shuts itself down due to low batt and is then plugged into my charger the screen flickers upon start-up via long press on power. Had the same flicker (screen is on for maybe 3/4 second then off....repeating) with two different charging cords so far. need to try charging from my external batt pack and see if the same symptoms show up with no switching power supply involved.

It also seems that ASUI is not getting charging status as after two hours charging it shows 0.3% cappacity but when I reboot the batt shows 90+%.

On a side note I do like the Status applet with all the bits showing. Confuses the heck out of the Android minions at work.
Will the modes other than standard WI-FI be supported in the future (i.e. Tethered and Ad-Hoc)?

Originally Posted by n9ots View Post
If my n800 shuts itself down due to low batt and is then plugged into my charger the screen flickers upon start-up via long press on power. Had the same flicker (screen is on for maybe 3/4 second then off....repeating) with two different charging cords so far. need to try charging from my external batt pack and see if the same symptoms show up with no switching power supply involved.
Sounds like the problem tso had, does it happen if the battery is not dead and you shutdown and place it on charger?

It also seems that ASUI is not getting charging status as after two hours charging it shows 0.3% cappacity but when I reboot the batt shows 90+%.
BME doesn't update capacity while the device is charging, only when completely charged or not on charger.

Will the modes other than standard WI-FI be supported in the future (i.e. Tethered and Ad-Hoc)?
Yes, as soon as I figure out how to detect them or someone tells me how?

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Anyone using the six square application menu or Telescope launcher statusbar items may be interested in this.

http://asui.garage.maemo.org/about.h...nulaunchericon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Q: What repo is the screenshot-tool found in? I just tried to install and the package wasn't found.

Originally Posted by mcow View Post
Q: What repo is the screenshot-tool found in? I just tried to install and the package wasn't found.
http://asui.garage.maemo.org/diablo-sdk.install

Do you have that repository installed? The libxpm package needed by ASUI is in there too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
New ASUI, statusbar and settings test binaries.
  • renamed statusbar applet keys
  • increased brightness of wifi icons
  • changed battery graph screen on to hour:minute format
  • changed battery graph total time to days:hour:minute format
  • fix: wifi/bluetooth overlays won't be drawn over the power icon
  • optimized overlay drawing
  • setting to enter and exit flight mode briefly when wifi is manually disconnected or times out (fixes a high drain problem)

Keys were renamed so all statusbar overlays will turn back on.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but battery drain stays in the orange, even with screen off, when I manually disconnect wifi or it times out. The setting on the wifi page will automatically enter and then exit flight mode whenever wifi disconnects.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
http://asui.garage.maemo.org/diablo-sdk.install

Do you have that repository installed? The libxpm package needed by ASUI is in there too.
I don't know. I entered that URL into a new "catalog" in AppManager and it's showing a 404, with a longer URL: ...dists/diablo/user

AppManager shows me when ASUI updates are available. I don't see a libxpm in my list of installed items.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox