Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by mapa View Post
Any chance you could distribute the Harmattan deb file?
I would love to test it
I have made some progress with the Harmattan version, playback now works.. I will make a deb file available once I have the minimum UI functionality done in order to be able to use QSpot properly. I am now moving on to work on the Now Playing view, once that one is done I think I can provide a test version..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
It seems that Spotify has made some changes to libspotify terms of usage (http://developer.spotify.com/en/libs...of-use-non-us/) so it might be possible to switch to use it for QSpot soon..

I have also made some more progress on Harmattan version, I hope to be able to provide some more screenshots very soon.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
It seems that Spotify has made some changes to libspotify terms of usage (http://developer.spotify.com/en/libs...of-use-non-us/) so it might be possible to switch to use it for QSpot soon..

I have also made some more progress on Harmattan version, I hope to be able to provide some more screenshots very soon.
that is fantastic news. This means QSpot could support offline mode! Really looking forward to this. If you need some testers

Originally Posted by florian View Post
that is fantastic news. This means QSpot could support offline mode! Really looking forward to this. If you need some testers
Yes it is very nice.. Offline mode will definitely be added in that case. And testers will also definitely be needed..

The current QSpot version (0.9.3-1) is now also available from the maemo.org Extras repository.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
New screenshots of the QSpot for MeeGo / Harmattan Now Playing view can be found at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9963673/QSpo...NowPlaying.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9963673/QSpo...PlayingMin.png

The screenshots show the normal and minimised player states available...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
looking good
Any news on switching to libspotify and supporting offline mode on the N900?

Originally Posted by florian View Post
looking good
Any news on switching to libspotify and supporting offline mode on the N900?
Port to libspotify is in progress; first step is the get the existing functionality to work ok with the official library.. Then I will enable caching of playlist and other metadata, and possible enable the seek functionality (which is already implemented but disabled due to problems with openspotify). I do hope that a version will be available soon (maybe already next week).

Offline functionality will be the first new function to be added to QSpot after switching to libspotify..

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ In the middle of Sweden
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Port to libspotify is in progress; first step is the get the existing functionality to work ok with the official library.. Then I will enable caching of playlist and other metadata, and possible enable the seek functionality (which is already implemented but disabled due to problems with openspotify). I do hope that a version will be available soon (maybe already next week).

Offline functionality will be the first new function to be added to QSpot after switching to libspotify..
Looking forward to this release! Kudos to you aenbacka for your excellent program, and kudos to the spotify-guys for making the change of terms (better late than never).

The Following User Says Thank You to ekce For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ San Diego, CA USA
QSpot is a top-shelf application that helps to keep the N900 from becoming obsolete. Thanks to all involved in its development and maintenance.

The Following User Says Thank You to isocoma For This Useful Post:

Tags
premium account, spotify