Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
err. why is the dpad led flashing when opera is left running in a blanked screen?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's really great to see Opera maintaining support for Maemo and hats off to them for it. Will we be seeing the "Share" feature on the Maemo version anytime soon? It's one feature I would love to have and would probably get a lot of use!

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
This doesn't sound like the settings issue I just fixed. In that case the black window would stay forever.

It's probably a crash, if you guys or anyone else is up to it I would very much appreciate if you can send core dumps, or even better the logs created by the crash reporter tool, see:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...crash-reporter
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/devtools/maemo5

To send us crash dumps or logs, first file a bug on the Maemo platform at https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/

You'll then get an e-mail address to where you can send the file generated by the crash reporter (or core dump) as an attachment.

/ohrn
I created the core dump... so we'll see if the problem can be fixed. :-)

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Thanks again for the replies ohrn

I found out that if you scroll fast with your fingers (when zoomed in on a page) you will see a big arrow to the way you scroll, this will bring to the top or bottom of the page

love this feature (since shortcuts doesn't work on Opera )
Took me a few attempts to get it to work, but it is a very useful feature once I got the hang of it.

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
It's not just you. I'm having the same issue. Opera just doesn't want to start. It loads for few seconds and then just shuts down.... :-(

Does anyone has any idea what could causing this???
Same here. :/

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
this is like prealphaish version to me.
-I can't scroll to right end nor to bottom end,
-there is bad looking rectangle around searchbox etc,
-while clicking any heading in about:config page, it shows rectangle for a while.
-tried to file a bug from opera but I can't scroll to right part and hence next button is invisible.

is it only me or anyone else facing same problem? The new features and so on looks promising but its unusable to me atm.

edit:
-scrolling is fixed by deleting old .opera file(there was no 1_* file mentioned before so I tried renaming/deleting the dir, my settings and stored pages are gone but that's fine)
-bad black rectangle still there in while typing in search box
-the blue rectangle in about:config covers the whole title and hence is default link highlighting style of opera

edit2:
-the black rectangle is stylish in text boxes of web page but it really doesn't fit for search box of opera

Last edited by Joseph9560; 2011-03-23 at 03:24.

Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
The help is misleading, those shortcuts only work on phones with the classic 0-9, * and # keypads. There is currently no support for shortcuts on qwerty keyboards, unfortunately.

/ohrn
If I am not wrong, older opera mobiles for querty s60v3 e series used to have many shortcuts, was those things discontinued. I don't remember if those were only for copy, paste etc or for more functions like goto top/button etc as well.

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Opera Mini is a Java App that already works fine in Maemo when you have Microemulator 3 (not the 2.x from repo) and the relatively new Oracle Arm-Linux Java Runtime (JRE).
Both is not in the repos but can be easily found with Google. If you need help installing it all the needed info is here on TMO.
I run Opera Mini in it when i'm on shitty slow expensive international roaming.
You can also run a bazillion of other Java Apps on Microemu3+Oracle JRE.
Yes I was using microemulator 3.x snapshot version with those headful/tailful :-) things rather than open jdk. I am bit confused if those headful things are from oracle or sun. And bazillions of other java apps! Sad but microemulator doesn't support lots of j2me apps, eg ucweb and mero patro as an example. ucweb is opera mini type of browser and mero patro is Nepali Calendar. And since mero patro was not working I am actually developing my own Nepali Calendar with qt. sorry for going out of topic.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
seems that opera do not like enter when using the maemo osk inside multi-line input boxes. hell, it do not even autowrap the input...

does this work on pr 1.2? tried to install this morning, but got message 'problem with maemo 5'.

Tags
fast browser, opera