Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Check this small video out its semi funny and semi true

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
I believe the problem exists but on three display iphone 4 models I tried as hard as I could to dent the 3G signal and couldn't. Makes me think that its possibly over hyped or doesn't extend to all iphones.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It does exist on all phones, but if you have dry skin, it's not as severe.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I know, old thread.. but it looks like Consumer Reports is finally weighing in on this. They've confirmed with independent testing in an RF-free room that the antenna issue is not a software issue. They're seeing actual, notable signal loss with the iPhone 4 in a controlled test, compared with several other devices, including the iPhone 3GS.

If Apple intimated this was a display problem because of software, that's not what our tests found.
What Apple found may be true but that's not the problem. When you touch the phone there, there is significant signal loss.

They now have a video up showing how they tested. You'll note that the signal drop they found was determined by looking at the "tower-side" signal as well as the phone-side signal levels. So it's not just phantom software bars...

Last edited by woody14619; 2010-07-13 at 20:18. Reason: Added video link

Uh oh, I think I might have called it. I've always felt that the iOS 4 GameKit API was a backdoor to do some pretty cool network push multi-tasking stuff. But it looks like Apple is castrating it in 4.1. I'm shocked.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
It does exist on all phones, but if you have dry skin, it's not as severe.
Good point.
Weather may be a factor too...

I mean, if it was introduced in the much dryer winter time. Perhaps this would not have been noticed until high humidity returned in the summer. H'm mm.

Could be a future episode of "How weather changed history."

SLN member # 009

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Good point.
Weather may be a factor too...

I mean, if it was introduced in the much dryer winter time. Perhaps this would not have been noticed until high humidity returned in the summer. H'm mm.

Could be a future episode of "How weather changed history."
That does make perfect sense. With apple's yearly iPhone cycle, they'd still be busy with 3GS launch last summer and their 4G testing was probably at the height during fall-winter.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

But what if your inside a building? Their testing couldn't have been done only outside.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Looks like Apple are to have a supprise press conference this evening!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10641910

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever