Active Topics

Today , My mail client just stop working . I can't get my mail . When i touch refrech it just show the message " connecting to the server" and then " Gmail" . I have new mails but the mail client didn't get it . I think N9 have some issue with account management , I can't log in to my nokia account after deleted it. . Hope new firmware coming soon because I start to regretting buying this phone.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
[Lock-screen problem]
I noticed with pr1.0 that sometimes if you botched the first swipe (as in didn't swipe properly from the edge and the lockscreen moved a little) it was impossible to unlock it after that. Perhaps that might be related to your issue? A simple double tap on the power button (lock phone, wake up phone) fixes the problem an you were once again able to swipe away the lock screen properly. This (very minor imo) issue is no longer present in pr1.1.

Have you also noticed that if you swipe from the bottom on the lockscreen you can get the quick links? Or is this a pr1.1 feature? I only noticed it recently.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mece View Post

Have you also noticed that if you swipe from the bottom on the lockscreen you can get the quick links? Or is this a pr1.1 feature? I only noticed it recently.
Seems to work on my sales version also

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
You get the quick links if you swipe from the bottom of any overlay, be it lockscreen or an app. Its supposed to be like that since PR 1.0.

Ive never had an issue unlocking myself, no.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Hm I got 2 SW updates last night, to both SSHserver things, client and the other one.

I was so excited thinking it was pr 1.1 .

Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
I'm not normally one to panic, but I need help and I need it fast.

Friend 1: "Show <friend 2> your new phone"
Me: "OK I will"

All of a sudden, the lock screen won't swipe away. There's movement, but it's like it won't leave the confines of the physical display. OK, no big deal - reboot. Does it again.

This issue apparently came into being spontaneously on the walk home from work. All I was doing was listening to music.

Today an update for SSH server/client came through, so I installed it. Other than that I haven't touched the software on the phone for a couple of days.

For obvious reasons, this is not OK! I have to go out this evening and need my phone. I have a selection of fine backup devices, but I'm rather fond of my N9. Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

I'm just rebooting for the 4th time, and I'm going to try turning off the lock screen.

AAAAARGH.

Edit: It's surprisingly hard to Google for this.
Edit2: the issue seems to be intermittent (but present nearly all the time). I've tried turning off the lock screen, no apparent effect. But then try 5x and one time it works OK. I've also tried cleaning the screen and removing the case and getting someone else to try, just in case I'm built on an Indian burial ground.
Edit3: this is really very much not OK. I'm fine with an IT issue that I can research or attack somehow, but I have no idea where to begin with this. I don't think my N900 scared me this much in two years
Edit4: OK! A monster super-fast swipe aka moving my thumb across the screen at 50mph (tried in desperation) seems to do the trick and gets me back from the lock screen. What happened to the nice smooooooth slow movements I used to be able to do? Seems like only the lock screen is affected - normal use is fine (can move my thumb or finger as before to get the desired result) so this issue must surely be in software.
I had this problem back in July when I played with a prototype (with the C0 label leftmof the NOKIA logo). My girlfriend had no problems with this, though... What always worked for me still was to swipe the lockscreen away from the bottom up. From the sides I had massive problems. But now with my retail unit everything works for me. Maybe the touchscreen controller is not properly calibrated on yours...

Originally Posted by soleil View Post
Today , My mail client just stop working . I can't get my mail . When i touch refrech it just show the message " connecting to the server" and then " Gmail" . I have new mails but the mail client didn't get it . I think N9 have some issue with account management , I can't log in to my nokia account after deleted it. . Hope new firmware coming soon because I start to regretting buying this phone.
I had such probles (albeit with my Twitter account) on the very first day I had mine. Suddenly also other accounts couldn't be added anymore. Restoring a backup helped me first to get the existing accounts back working, but I still couldn't add new ones. Ended up with a hard reset. Now for the last three weeks all is working fine.

Anyone tried to flash N9's firmware with win 7 64bit ? I 'm downloading the firmware but I don't Know if one click flasher works with win 7 64 bit

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
PC Suite kind of works for me... Bluetooth works, cable doesnt. Can't do contacts but can do SMS from the suite

Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
Even if PC Suite was compatible I would be thrilled. Unless they are adding on to Link, which is doubtful.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by itpastorn View Post
I live in Sweden and I have some problems. My Chinese built Thinkpad Slate running Android can't see the n9 Wifi network. Nor can it access it if I enter the network credentials manually.

My computer can access the n9 hotspot just fine.

The Thinkpad slate can access the hotspot network from my sons Android phone.
Your son's Android hotspot is in "infrastructure mode" while the n9 hotspot only does "ad hoc" wifi (google for the difference). Android does not support ad hoc wifi.