Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
I just installed Diablo on Tuesday I think it was, so I haven't seen any updates yet. However, the flash-and-reboot command didn't do anything because of the size of the file, as I'm sure you know, and so I just ignored it. I did see that some people on here attempted modding the initfs, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Initfs version has nothing to do with your browser problems. It's the crappy browserd daemon crashing on a heavy site (believe me, I've seen it too much times now).

(I'm not bothering to keep on updating my modded diablo initfs, I think I'm still using diablo 2008-21 with the mods I shoved in)

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Anyway, if you have something specific ones you want looked at, again, let me know.
Some input method ones: #2467, #2501, #2742, #2899.

#3094 has bit me more than once :-(

Also, #2770 looks like it may have security implications.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Some input method ones: #2467, #2501, #2742, #2899.
OK, I've actually looked at all of these and tried to find somebody with an N810 to reproduce #2501 and #2742, but was unsuccessful in doing so.

Bug #2467 and #2899 are easy, get 3 people to vote on each (it's particularly important to vote on enhancement requests).

#3094 has bit me more than once :-(
Mmm, thanks for reminding me. That was on my list to test for Diablo. Will do.

Also, #2770 looks like it may have security implications.
Well, I've tagged it for now. Will poke andre or somebody about it later.

Thanks!

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Could you please take a look at 2049?
(or at least tell me if it has been fixed in diablo, but I doubt that this kind of bug magically heal themselves)

Looks like another SSU was pushed out today....

The Following User Says Thank You to gnuite For This Useful Post:
Hmm, after installing the upgrade package thing (~15Mb, I can't remember the name off the top of my head) and it rebooting, I'm in a non-booting state (same as I saw when I flashed the OS2008 kernel last time, so perhaps it did this).

lardman, the update will attempt to flash-and-reboot automatically, so that is likely the problem. If you're using an N810, you'll have to re-flash the old (chinook) kernel. You can do this without losing your current install and settings, but you need the linux-based (or OSX-based?) flasher program and an image of the old kernel (which you can extract using flasher from the chinook fiasco image).

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I also had problems with the last update. dpkg said that some symlinks in rc.2 are "dangling", and i was forced to delete them in order to install the update. The problem afterward was that dpkg forgot to recreate them, so after reboot I was in a non-booting state. Copied them from rc.3 and I was back in business.

lardman, the update will attempt to flash-and-reboot automatically, so that is likely the problem. If you're using an N810, you'll have to re-flash the old (chinook) kernel. You can do this without losing your current install and settings, but you need the linux-based (or OSX-based?) flasher program and an image of the old kernel (which you can extract using flasher from the chinook fiasco image).
Yep, that's what I did - serves me right for "just doing a quick update" before I wanted to use the device .

Thanks

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
(or OSX-based?)
Yes, flasher-2.0.macosx will work just fine.