Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
You folks MUST see this.. heh! Tech News Today talking about the Nokia Lumia 900's reception:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOPy9jNhEjc&t=33m58s
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
You folks MUST see this.. heh! Tech News Today talking about the Nokia Lumia 900's reception:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOPy9jNhEjc&t=33m58s
thanks for that

EDIT: the guy "on video" (theverge.com ?) says oo will be the "savior" for wp; any clue what's the rational behind that? or is it just a (disappointed) fan boy giving himself away?

Last edited by misterc; 2012-04-18 at 18:38. Reason: oo next big thing ?!?

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
thanks for that

EDIT: the guy "on video" (theverge.com ?) says oo will be the "savior" for wp; any clue what's the rational behind that? or is it just a (disappointed) fan boy giving himself away?
This is probably me being stupid but what's oo? tried for a while but couldn't think of anything other than open office.

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
This is probably me being stupid but what's oo? tried for a while but couldn't think of anything other than open office.
that would have been OOo now, wouldn't it?

did you try context sensitive?
like... impotent 8, maybe?
or simply watching the youtube?

talking of which... from theverge.com
Sources: current Windows Phone devices will not get 'Apollo' upgrade >¦-)))))))))

that will DEFINITELY help Lumia sales now, won't it?

I'm with Cue--I've watched the video a few times and I'm not sure what you're referring to with 'oo'... no need to be nasty to Cue, it was a genuine question for clarity.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

I'm with Cue--I've watched the video a few times and I'm not sure what you're referring to with 'oo'... no need to be nasty to Cue, it was a genuine question for clarity.
I had watched the movie several times too. Still not sure even after his reply, but I think what he is saying is that it's an impotent 8 (the number on it's side) created with o's.

At first I thought it was a makeshift infinity sign ∞ refering to the endless "next version" being the savior. it's quite an obscure thing to figure out so forget I asked because whatever the reason for using oo I think he's refering to Windows 8 and not an abbreviation for some possibly cool new app/device/feature that I conjured up.

Well, and here... take a listen/watch of today's Tech News Today. Yet more bad news for new Lumia 900 owners. So much bad news for Nokia, Lumia 900 and ... well, just listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Yd9vLGAP0&t=13m25s

Well, and here... take a listen/watch of today's Tech News Today. Yet more bad news for new Lumia 900 owners. So much bad news for Nokia, Lumia 900 and ... well, just listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Yd9vLGAP0&t=13m25s
glad to see you caught up

are you still listening (?)
how much do you have to hear to admit that m$ + NOKIA, so far, has no future?
for something that has not much or no past to speak of what does that leave you with?
a nice present, huh?

The times might be a changin'. If so, Elop will have to find someone else to blame.

Salespeople say the darndest things: secret-shopping the Nokia Lumia 900

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
The times might be a changin'. If so, Elop will have to find someone else to blame.

Salespeople say the darndest things: secret-shopping the Nokia Lumia 900
Obviously, three stores is not at all a representative sample of the entire country. That said, other publications including CNET and the New York Times have conducted in-person visits of AT&T stores, and found that the salespeople had lukewarm feelings for the Lumia 900. Our earliest experience at the third AT&T store corroborated that.

not really what's needed to get off the ground, is it?
any unconvinced (m$) customer would hardly be won over by such a talk...

EDIT: plus, once the "no upgrade" news gets around, those unconvinced customers will be even fewer.
most apps (coded) for Apollo should also run on Mango, thus the OS version doesn't really matter.
but for the non techie consumer that simply translates to "old software" on "old hardware"...
why bother?

Last edited by misterc; 2012-04-20 at 16:43. Reason: no upgrade to Apollo

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows