Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by NASDAQ View Post
I've allowed whatsup to start during booting but still i don't get some messages especially from people with iphones. It seems as if the messages get lost nowhere. During the time my jolla is switched off, they send me something, but when i switch it on, i dont get it, even when i start whatsup and it connects without any delay... the message doesn't show up in the chat.
might be global messages encryption. it should happen somwhow

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I've allowed whatsup to start during booting but still i don't get some messages especially from people with iphones. It seems as if the messages get lost nowhere. During the time my jolla is switched off, they send me something, but when i switch it on, i dont get it, even when i start whatsup and it connects without any delay... the message doesn't show up in the chat.
Do you receive any messages while you are online using Whatsup?

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Germany
Yes, this isn't a Problem at all. Just during the time my phone is switched off and in fly-mode the problems occur…
I can't imagine why!?

Problem still occures... anybody, who can help me?
Just for better understanding:
When Jolla-Phone is switched on and not in fly mode messages will arrive on my phone.
When it is switched off or in fly-mode, messages of iPhone-user don't come through.

Update: One of my Friends (iPhone-user) can't write me at all via whatsapp. Maybe they (iPhone-Users) have to change somthings in settings!?

Last edited by NASDAQ; 2016-01-13 at 21:14.

Yes, this isn't a Problem at all. Just during the time my phone is switched off and in fly-mode the problems occur…
I can't imagine why!?

Problem still occures... anybody, who can help me?
Just for better understanding:
When Jolla-Phone is switched on and not in fly mode messages will arrive on my phone.
When it is switched off or in fly-mode, messages of iPhone-user don't come through.

Update: One of my Friends (iPhone-user) can't write me at all via whatsapp. Maybe they (iPhone-Users) have to change somthings in settings!?
I have the same issue right now! Three of my friends with iphones (all three - girls ) send me messages but I get only 70% of them. On their side they see grey check mark (not double green).

I don't get some messages even if my phone is switched on and I'm having conversation with contact right now.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hi

Whats the current situation with groups management? I am an admin in one group and I really need to change something in the group. Either add a new user or change someone else to admin. Will this definetly result in me getting banned?

Otherwise the app seems to be working well still

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Who knows... maybe the forst cat will update this app very soon again....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Hi

Whats the current situation with groups management? I am an admin in one group and I really need to change something in the group. Either add a new user or change someone else to admin. Will this definetly result in me getting banned?

Otherwise the app seems to be working well still
I got banned after trying to add a user to a group, so I'm avoiding it. However, in the past I was able to do so with WhatsUp, so it might not happen all the time

The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
Hi,
I just noticed that I missed a message as well yesterday, coming from an android user. The user said one tick was shown, i.e. not delivered to the mobile (I think). I didn't get any notification. Here are some excerpts from the log, it seems to have something to do with encryption:

<message from="xxx@s.whatsapp.net" id="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" notify="Someone" t="1452872879" type="text">
<enc type="pkmsg" v="1">
(some encrypted characters following)
Encoding message from xxx@s.whatsapp.net
OUTGOING:
<receipt id="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" to="xxx@s.whatsapp.net" type="error">
<error type="plaintext-only">
</error>
</receipt>

I did some tests yesterday with another phone running android whatsapp, normally the message seems to be re-sent in plaintext by the other phone when my mobile sends this plaintext-only error message, but in this case it didn't.
I don't think my phone was offline at that time, there are no notifications that it went only shortly before getting that message.

If more information or more excerpts from the logfile are needed, please PM me.

19.1.2015: Correction: The other user uses an iPhone, no problems with Android users yet

Last edited by duesselschorsch; 2016-01-19 at 19:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to duesselschorsch For This Useful Post:
A small question (and please forgive me if it was dealt with before, I skimmed all 75 pages and didn't notice something clear on the subject):

Does Whatsup share my contact list with Facebook (Whatsapp)?
Can I control it?

By contact list I mean the numbers stored on my phone, obviously anyone who is a whatsapp contact is known to them but all the other numbers and their details I have stored....

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Keeper of the Keys View Post
A small question (and please forgive me if it was dealt with before, I skimmed all 75 pages and didn't notice something clear on the subject):

Does Whatsup share my contact list with Facebook (Whatsapp)?
Can I control it?

By contact list I mean the numbers stored on my phone, obviously anyone who is a whatsapp contact is known to them but all the other numbers and their details I have stored....

Thanks!
Whatsup is just a native client of WhatsApp.
So if WhatsApp shares it with Facebook, then there is nothing that Whatsup can do about that.

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup