Notices

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Kein View Post
There is also a java version for feature phones although few feature phone users will bother.
Yes inc. S40, which is actually fairly usable nowadays since the Sonic Touch enhancements...

Guess what, the oldies use Whatsapp to communicate with their children. I guess most of your contacts may be old enough not to join the Whatsapp bandwagon but not old enough to have grown children.
I have a whole array of ages in my contacts, but the avg. age I would guess is roughly 30, so perhaps your theory holds water...
I do know that many simply have much older Symbian phones (or other deprecated OS/hw), before the time of Whatsapp, so they're due for upgrades.

Anyway we digress yet again, apologies thread lurkers....

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
jalyst,

You are Australian right? Wasn't Nokia very dominant there? And AFAIK Australians don't have a habit of switching to smart-phones that quick right? So they may still be using the older Symbian phones with no Whatsapp...

Maybe that's why

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
No we actually have one of the highest uptakes of smartphones in the world*, that's why my situation's even more odd, recently iOS/Android have become very entrenched, WP/Others are having a hard time getting traction.
Nokia was very dominant here once, but it hasn't been for a quite a long time now, although there's still a very strong & loyal (albeit rapidly shrinking & now relatively small) Symbian community.
Plus my mem. may be failing me, but I'm pretty sure Whatsapp is also available for older (S60 series etc) Symbian phones, not just Anna/Belle. Anyway digressing still, apologies.

*one of the highest avg. disposable incomes in the world, & by far one of the healthiest OECD economies in recent yrs.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-12 at 15:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
I download version 0.9.12 to my N9,, works fine but I'm NOT able to open pics and videos received from others.. It shows the message but when clicking on Pic to download, it says (Failed)..
Solution please!

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ LEBANON
Originally Posted by upp View Post
I download version 0.9.12 to my N9,, works fine but I'm NOT able to open pics and videos received from others.. It shows the message but when clicking on Pic to download, it says (Failed)..
Solution please!
this version is still unstable use Coderus version restart all works fine
this is the link download the last nighty hotfix

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jb00mbx6tldb33x/G08rB-Goso

Originally Posted by rAsMi View Post
this version is still unstable use Coderus version restart all works fine
this is the link download the last nighty hotfix

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jb00mbx6tldb33x/G08rB-Goso
OK, will download that..
Thanks!

Cepi, we miss you! When is your new build coming?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kalel For This Useful Post:
The green icons on standby screen looked much better as you could tell from a distance that it is Wazapp message. Now, when looking from a distance, sometimes I get confused if it is Wazapp message or new Email icon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sigpro View Post
I have no sound issues it works, these icon's i use also.
It's weird that you have 2 message icons from the same sender.
Did you deleted the the conversation from that certain person, while he was typing a message? And after deletion you enterd a new chat with that person right away It might be that wazapp got mixed up with it?
just for the records, the bug my wazapp had was not related to the notification icons I chose to keep.
It was weird getting two notification icons, I'm almost sure it was a problem with my cel when it was charging somehow it may have become laggy and the internet connection was not good enough (I guess), however, it now works excellent (status change, notification sound & icons showing per contact)! Thanks for the feedback!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dazsa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
new developer and nightly build released
http://dropbox.com/sh/jb00mbx6tldb33x/G08rB-Goso

changelog included

Last edited by coderus; 2012-11-12 at 22:46.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp