Active Topics

They're obviously not considering the cost of shipping, tax etc. Also, consider that Amazon are not actually shipping it to anywhere but the USA right now. Try ordering from their site.

All electronic equipment has been more expensive in the UK in my experience, this will be no different.

EDIT: Was wrong for the price for the other Kindle, it's actually £10 more. Joy,

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
They're obviously not considering the cost of shipping, tax etc. Also, consider that Amazon are not actually shipping it to anywhere but the USA right now. Try ordering from their site.

All electronic equipment has been more expensive in the UK in my experience, this will be no different.

EDIT: Was wrong for the price for the other Kindle, it's actually £10 more. Joy,
Ok even if it is slightly more expensive than the price BBC quoted it is at least much more desirable than the price for the N9 being close on to £500 dont you think???.

The reason i brought this up was because of it's price and the possibilities of it not having a strapped bootloader making it possible to install the meego or Maemo os.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Dude, he's been trying to get as much airtime as possible, he has even made a reality show about pigeons!.

I'm sure this he'll also see this as another golden opportunity in his career...

You, too, may have a point there. OK, so it's settled?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
You, too, may have a point there. OK, so it's settled?
We'll have to wait until it gets tattooed to his still-empty right temple.

Btw, shall we start another in-depth comparison between a smartphone and a tablet and pretend they occupy the same marketplace now?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010

Btw, shall we start another in-depth comparison between a smartphone and a tablet and pretend they occupy the same marketplace now?
IF a tablet has the same components structure to that of a smartphone then it becomes a very interesting proposition .

The marketplace is made up for the "desirable" not just a labelled device.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA

Sure... which side of that do you want to take?

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
IF a tablet has the same components structure to that of a smartphone then it becomes a very interesting proposition .

The marketplace is made up for the "desirable" not just a labelled device.
Oh crap.. it's already started!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
I'm a long time lurker on the forums and proud owner of a good ole n900.

I am very interested in obtaining an n9 out here in the US also if there is a possibility.
Long time lurker !? With 1 post, & joining in Sept. 2011 ?!! Please....

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Oh crap.. it's already started!
Yeah, I'm not even going to address that.

Maybe we should talk about how zauruses/zauris has similar directory structure of *nix based mainframes of yesteryears.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Long time lurker !? With 1 post, & joining in Sept. 2011 ?!! Please....
well yes? sorry if I used the lurker thing wrongly, but I have been reading these forums for a couple years now just never signed up. since the NA release of the n900. so yea i guess its almost 2 years, almost a couple lol.

Last edited by warrentaye; 2011-09-29 at 02:22.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to warrentaye For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Ok even if it is slightly more expensive than the price BBC quoted it is at least much more desirable than the price for the N9 being close on to £500 dont you think???.

The reason i brought this up was because of it's price and the possibilities of it not having a strapped bootloader making it possible to install the meego or Maemo os.
I wasn't aware that they were comparable devices. I most certainly don't consider my tablet as a replacement/alternative to my phone, it's more of a general family device (otherwise known as Couch Surfing).

Mileage may vary, of course.

I don't think it's very likely that either OS will be installable. Every attempt to port MeeGo to another ARM device has been roadblocked by graphic drivers. This will very likely be a similar case. Unless it's Tegra 2...

http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/07/...battle-ground/

We would need to know the kernel version of the Kindle Fire though.

Unfortunately, search results suggest OMAP4.

The price is good, regardless of the increase we'll be getting. It'll sell to families, that's for sure.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????