Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Elop is at it again but this time he is closing the factory in Romania as well as cutting 3500 jobs......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15104959

Complete Nokia statement ....

http://press.nokia.com/2011/09/29/no...nd-operations/
Eflop: Blah blah 'align our workforce'. Nice euphemism.

Geoff Blaber, analyst at CCS Insight, said: "The scaling back of its manufacturing presence was sadly inevitable but it's clear that Elop is not afraid of taking the tough decisions to ensure Nokia's long-term survival."

Must be very tough to put lots of working class folk on the dole whilst lining your own pockets.

W@nkers.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Aironeous:

Its just some alien talking about how awesome it was being on the team that made the N9 and how awesome it is.

worth the watch if only for the hybid-hellhound that IS the man in the video.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Eflop: Blah blah 'align our workforce'. Nice euphemism.
Yeah - I wish they'd just say "we're axing these jobs because we have managed ourselves into a corner", but what price honesty?

Geoff Blaber, analyst at CCS Insight, said: "The scaling back of its manufacturing presence was sadly inevitable but it's clear that Elop is not afraid of taking the tough decisions to ensure Nokia's long-term survival."
An analyst called Blaber - it's a bit like a butcher called Cleaver or a lawyer called Sue

Must be very tough to put lots of working class folk on the dole whilst lining your own pockets.

W@nkers.
Q: How do you sleep at night?
A: On top of a large pile of money with many beautiful ladies.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
An analyst called Blaber - it's a bit like a butcher called Cleaver or a lawyer called Sue
[/COLOR]
Nice one, however the "analyst" does have a point. Asians earnings are much lower than europeans and Nokia have to compete against Asian companies like Samsung and HTC. Apple also have a lot out-sources, so I think it was inevitable not to sack some peolpe...

The Following User Says Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:
Lindegaard: 3.5 network or H/H+ network on your N9?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Lindegaard View Post
Nice one, however the "analyst" does have a point. Asians earnings are much lower than europeans and Nokia have to compete against Asian companies like Samsung and HTC. Apple also have a lot out-sources, so I think it was inevitable not to sack some peolpe...
I think it's about time we had some more Asian CEOs. I'm sure they'd be happy to work for much less than the likes of Ballmer and Elop. The problem is that the top 5% like to turn economics on its head when it comes to themselves.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
"this phone looks almost as good as the press photos, which is very unusual for a phone"

- Flora Graham, Crave Live

I like that. AHLAIKITALO!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
As someone who just got laid off and worked his last day yesterday
I really want to know;

What is this insane obsession of making supervisors and CEO's little fat men with big voices???!!!

OMG he's a little fat man with a BIIIIIIGGGG VOOOOIIIICCCEE = $$$$$$$$$$$

I am so f'n sick of little fat men with big voices!

WTF is wrong with us we keep making these little waddling - over ambitious/no conscious/lie to everyone and smile/pieces of crap/little fat men with PA voices our Craptastic Executive Orifices?

Really i want to know!

These little type 2 diabetes men that don't even take care of themselves and their wives leave them are not even worth their sky high salaries.
Take a few million off of their salary and give it to the hourly slave wages in China that you rely on TO MAKE YOUR SH*T so we don't suffer and lose our jobs in the U.S.

Little fat man with a big voice! OMG as soon as I see and hear a sound wave come out of your little fat arse mouth I know everything you say is vomit.

Ok I'm done

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Can you please take 20 seconds to give a quick description of your link.
Even if it is "OMGods stupid arse foreign retailer is selling N9 for 500 with no shipping fee"
You still need to take the few moments to write a description.
I do not click on undescribed links.

Maybe, I'll think about it

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by slai View Post
"this phone looks almost as good as the press photos, which is very unusual for a phone"

- Flora Graham, Crave Live

I like that. AHLAIKITALO!
Nice quotation. I had to search a bit in order to understand where it came from, so here's the link (don't think this review was mentioned here yet):
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-pho...view-50004190/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0x4e84 For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????