Active Topics

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Possible new Meltemi/Meego phone [Rumour]

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2012-06-26 at 08:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Possible new Meltemi/Meego phone [Rumour]
Yeah posted that yesterday here...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...18#post1227518
Sooo disappointing....
Anyone who doesn't think Flop's totally biased now.
Well, they're simply deluding themselves or aren't fully informed.

Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
http://mynokiablog.com/2012/06/26/wh...-smarterphone/
Yeah that one came after the story mariusmssj posted.
User comments in that one are just as ludicrous.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-06-27 at 07:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
what is great about 21st week when its already in the past and there is still no 1.3 ? Not that i expect much from 1.3 ... There was barely something i noticed with 1.2 and 1.3 will be even smaller
I doesn't mean anything, you're not meant to read anything into it, it's simply a snapshot.
If they're still actively working on it (& most evidence suggests they are) then there's bound to be newer builds.
Or it has been frozen since then, and they're just testing it etc...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I don't think we have to wait long now, Maxian's mails confirms it is imminent. However a really annoying issue is that some unlocked product codes have to wait far longer than than needed after first release. Plus its also the same code every update

I'm pretty happy to receive PR1.3 very soon even if its only performance improvements.

what do you think we will see in PR1.3?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I don't think we have to wait long now, Maxian's mails confirms it is imminent. However a really annoying issue is that some unlocked product codes have to wait far longer than than needed after first release. Plus its also the same code every update

I'm pretty happy to receive PR1.3 very soon even if its only performance improvements.

what do you think we will see in PR1.3?
I would be happy with bug fixes and minor performance improvements

Same here. Fix the obvious and very annoying bugs like stuck/hanging 3G / WiFi connections, performance lags that pops up even with nothing open and improve the camera. I can't be that bad, it must be software optimization that is needed. Last but not least, fix the poor integration with Exchange. Calendar entries gets corrupted as soon as you edit/create them on the N9 for example. These bugs have been known for a long time and it is time to fix them now.

Most other feel good enhancement seem to be taken care of by the community which I think is great by the way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diggler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
http://mynokiablog.com/2012/06/26/wh...-smarterphone/
yeah right the most stupid and ridicilous rumor so far :@

it really is time for mynokiablog to shut up or get this in theyr heads:

NOKIA IS WP ONLY

Well June's almost over anyone wanna start placing bets when this damn thing is coming out......I call September '12.

Can't they at least invest ONE more person on the team?? I mean they really are being d**** to everyone that bought the N9 which they so confidently repeated their "devoted" support for years on. They wanna back their claim of support then it's about time they give me my money back! Can't see their next update satisfying majority of N9 users. I could see, however, satisfaction amongst majority of N9 users if they got some $$ back.

Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
Well June's almost over anyone wanna start placing bets when this damn thing is coming out......I call September '12.

Can't they at least invest ONE more person on the team?? I mean they really are being d**** to everyone that bought the N9 which they so confidently repeated their "devoted" support for years on. They wanna back their claim of support then it's about time they give me my money back! Can't see their next update satisfying majority of N9 users. I could see, however, satisfaction amongst majority of N9 users if they got some $$ back.
Nokia is walking dead, N9 is walking dead from Nokia's point of view. Unfortunately, if you're unhappy about Nokia's support, your best bet is to sell your N9 now and look elsewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Harmattan Public Bugzilla closed in March. (not accepting any new bugs)
Comments trail on the Nokia Dev website for this indicated that the team still intended to provide ongoing support and bug fixes for sec, performance etc, but would not be accepting new bug reports from the Public.
No more new bug reports form the "public" does not mean no new bugs to be reported
Bugfixes and performance enhancements already reported or identified internally for addressing are expected to continue to be fixed.
Whilst it was odd to close the public bug submission portal so soon after 1.2 was released, it's also fair to assume that any new bugs identified in pr1.2 would already be submitted.
I would suggest that even if 1.3 is the last major update for Harmattan, it doesn't mean that others may not trickle down afterwards.
It's easy in the current environment to lay the blame for any delays in rolling out pr1.3 at Elop's feet (as a part of the destroy all potential MS competition from within), but the team has been silent for a while now and the delays may in fact be just as easily due to additional fixes being rolled up and included in 1.3 by the Harmattan/Meego Dev team.

I would laugh if the "small" but important update ended up being ACL rolled into 1.3..........

The Following User Says Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert