Well. Damn. Nothing like forcing my hand. I already have my next couple mobiles mapped out: the Lumia 900, Galaxy S3, and the iPhone 5. And, if it's cheap enough, when the NAM Lumia 800 drops, I may grab one. I'm bored to tears with my current GN.

I just cannot let go of the N9. I know that it's a dead OS with outdated hardware. I refuse to pay current price for one. Everything else I walk away from, no problem. I just think it's so alien from anything out there, I just can't look away. Plus I need a back up mobile and having a unlocked penta band laying around might be useful. Damn it. I want to find an open box one at a price I can't refuse...

Originally Posted by bmstrong View Post
Well. Damn. Nothing like forcing my hand. I already have my next couple mobiles mapped out: the Lumia 900, Galaxy S3, and the iPhone 5. And, if it's cheap enough, when the NAM Lumia 800 drops, I may grab one. I'm bored to tears with my current GN.

I just cannot let go of the N9. I know that it's a dead OS with outdated hardware. I refuse to pay current price for one. Everything else I walk away from, no problem. I just think it's so alien from anything out there, I just can't look away. Plus I need a back up mobile and having a unlocked penta band laying around might be useful. Damn it. I want to find an open box one at a price I can't refuse...
Dude, I got a 16gb N9 from Expansys UK for $430 AUD, including shipping to Australia... Made in Finland.

You're not going to find it cheaper than that!

Last edited by Dared; 2012-01-22 at 07:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Dude, I got a 16gb N9 from Expansys UK for $430 AUD, including shipping to Australia... Made in Finland.

You're not going to find it cheaper than that!
Damn it. Stop talking sense. Yeah. I know. I'm going to finally cave in the next day or so. I'd like a Fin made one so I'm working through US online retailers.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I also got my N9 from Expansys UK when it had a price drop, I paid £364.99 with everything included and a free UK-EU adapter

But now it has gone up to £394.99 =[ but the red(magenta) N9 is £349.99.

I was quite tempted by the Black 64GB variant on Expansys UK. Does a Cyan 64GB variant not exist? Still, I'm not used to paying such high prices, although I know it is SIM free. Quite happy with how versatile my N900 is still, but the N9 is a thing of beauty.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by Dead1nside View Post
I was quite tempted by the Black 64GB variant on Expansys UK. Does a Cyan 64GB variant not exist? Still, I'm not used to paying such high prices, although I know it is SIM free. Quite happy with how versatile my N900 is still, but the N9 is a thing of beauty.
64Gb comes only in Black &/or White.
And as I hear their [N9-64Gb-Black's] production has stopped, or going to be by Q-1/2012 (sic!).

I'm starting to wonder if I should get the N9 very soon. But I really want the white one any ideas where I can buy a white one and get it sent to USA?

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
I had been waiting and waiting thinking that the 64gb would drop. I waited till after CES thinking the Lumia 900 would shift the demand.

The price dropped to around 650 USD, and stayed firm. Then the guy I got it from said he only had a few left. So I pulled the trigger. The price is still about the same, I think it went down like 10 bucks.

I think the "supply" is causing the price to remain relatively fixed on the 64gb, while the more widely available 16gb has clearly gone down

The Following User Says Thank You to captainofiron For This Useful Post:
I'm trying to source a white n9 this week or the next. If I know I can't get it, I will just order the black 64gb next week.

I let myself wait too long!

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by BlackWindEXE View Post
I'm trying to source a white n9 this week or the next. If I know I can't get it, I will just order the black 64gb next week.

I let myself wait too long!
Whatever u do - do it soon... 'coz even the 16GBs shall be hard to get after mid-2012. While by end-2012 they'd be kaput !

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge