Active Topics

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Seem ASUI can be a bit confused if the battery runs out while in flight mode. It came back on behaving as if it was in normal mode, while Maemo still considered itself in flight mode. End result was that i got a "exit flight mode?" dialog when trying to connect wifi via ASUI.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Eh? The bluetooth + flight mode problem was fixed in a previous release, it will come back on when exiting flight mode. ASUI doesn't have any code to handle GPS so you'll have to blame Nokia if it doesn't come back on when exiting flight mode. And ASUI doesn't stop SSH when entering flight mode, unless you long press it.
Ah, I think I see what I'm doing wrong. I was long-pressing the flight mode button, which made wifi, bluetooth, gps and openssh switch off and remain off when going back to "normal" mode. A short press on "flight" works as expected.

Hello all,

I get an error with the startup of the daemon (advanced-systemui). I get:

Code:
*** glibc detected *** advanced-systemui: free(): invalid pointer: 0x0002fd84 ***
Aborted

Needless to say, asui doesn't work. Any ideas?

tarek : )

Originally Posted by tarek View Post
I get an error with the startup of the daemon (advanced-systemui). I get:

Code:
*** glibc detected *** advanced-systemui: free(): invalid pointer: 0x0002fd84 ***
Aborted
Needless to say, asui doesn't work. Any ideas?
Install rootsh and run `root` from the terminal, ssh into your device as root or get root access in some other way. Then run `asui dd;asui rd` and send me the log file in /root/. If it doesn't crash then run `asui id` and see if that makes it crash.

EDIT: Are you using an n900? ASUI wasn't designed for the n900.

Install rootsh and run `root` from the terminal, ssh into your device as root or get root access in some other way. Then run `asui dd;asui rd` and send me the log file in /root/. If it doesn't crash then run `asui id` and see if that makes it crash.

Are you using an n900? ASUI wasn't designed for the n900.
Indeed I am using an n810. I had uninstalled ASUI in the meantime. when I reinstalled it and ran asui dd; asui rd, it worked appropriately. Now, everything works perfectly, even after reboot.

Thank you. It's wonderful.

when I reinstalled it and ran asui dd; asui rd, it worked appropriately. Now, everything works perfectly, even after reboot.
That command installed a debug binary that continuously writes data to a log file and is not meant for prolonged use. Run `asui r` to restore the release binary and send me the log in /root/ if it crashes.

That command installed a debug binary that continuously writes data to a log file and is not meant for prolonged use. Run `asui r` to restore the release binary and send me the log in /root/ if it crashes.
Interestingly, asui r said there was no release binary. I did dt instead, and that seems to work fine.

I did dt instead, and that seems to work fine.
Did you also run `asui it`?

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I've got like 4 or 5 batteries, and quite honestly, they all seem to only have about 2 hours of life in them with moderate use.

I just bought another brand new Nokia official battery but I'm not too sure which one it is anymore.

Would this app be able to tell me which battery is most likely the best one I own until I purchase another online again?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I've got like 4 or 5 batteries, and quite honestly, they all seem to only have about 2 hours of life in them with moderate use.

I just bought another brand new Nokia official battery but I'm not too sure which one it is anymore.

Would this app be able to tell me which battery is most likely the best one I own until I purchase another online again?
No, the only way is to try out each battery from a full charge and record how long it lasts. If you long press the battery percentage it will show a usage graph so you can see exactly how long it lasted since the charge, how long the screen was on and when the radios were on. I'd write down this info each time you change out a battery and after each battery has been tested a few times you should be able to gauge its performance and then write a value on each battery so you know which ones are better than others.

In the future you might want to write the purchase date on the battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada rox