Notices

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
do i need to install Power kernal to use faircrack...coz am using normal default kernal but unable to connect.

Faircrack has at least one very important action missing, which is the ability of it to deauth a client. This is especially needed when trying to capture the WPA 4 way handshake and to a lesser extent when using it against WEP

aireplay-ng -0 2 -a 00:11:22:33:44:55 -c 99:88:77:66:55:44 wlan0

The Following User Says Thank You to Trine For This Useful Post:
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by Trine View Post
Faircrack has at least one very important action missing, which is the ability of it to deauth a client. This is especially needed when trying to capture the WPA 4 way handshake and to a lesser extent when using it against WEP

aireplay-ng -0 2 -a 00:11:22:33:44:55 -c 99:88:77:66:55:44 wlan0
This will require a change to the gui (ie. new button at least), so somebody like FruMMage, who has acces to the gui code has to implement that in a new version. Sorry, I am unable to help out here. Thanks for providing the command details.

has anyone using the n900 only or n900 +ubuntu pc successed in crackin a wpa key cause right now i am trying to hack my neighbours wireless (what they dont know wont hurt them (except when they find out that they went way over their data plan hehehe or should i say mowahahahaaaaaa ))

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
I cant get this to work I have all the requirments installed execpt mac changer. It will startup but nothing happens. i have cssu installed any ideas.

Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
do i need to install Power kernal to use faircrack...coz am using normal default kernal but unable to connect.

can anyone help me with the question ....??? is it necessary to install power kernal to use faircrack...?

The Following User Says Thank You to cutehunk04 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by StefanL View Post
This will require a change to the gui (ie. new button at least), so somebody like FruMMage, who has acces to the gui code has to implement that in a new version. Sorry, I am unable to help out here. Thanks for providing the command details.
It should not necessarily need another button when collecting the WPA handshake. you could have something like this.
1 check to see if client is connected to AP
2 if client is connected put mac address of client in variable $client
3 put AP mac address in variable $AP

4 aireplay-ng -0 2 -a $AP -c $client wlan0
5 check to see if you have collected WPS handshake
6 sleep 16
7 repeat from line 4 until you have the handshake

The Following User Says Thank You to Trine For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Trine View Post
It should not necessarily need another button when collecting the WPA handshake. you could have something like this.
1 check to see if client is connected to AP
2 if client is connected put mac address of client in variable $client
3 put AP mac address in variable $AP

4 aireplay-ng -0 2 -a $AP -c $client wlan0
5 check to see if you have collected WPS handshake
6 sleep 16
7 repeat from line 4 until you have the handshake
Cool, I see what you mean. Make this an integral part of the WPA traffic collection script. Kick-off any attached clients and then listen in on their reconnection traffic to catch the handshake. Thanks, will check this out for you.

Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
can anyone help me with the question ....??? is it necessary to install power kernal to use faircrack...?
Power kernel is not required if you have the modified wifi drivers. On my set-up I have power kernel 46. I also have the modified wifi drivers, but they are located in a different directory than what the script looks for, so I don't think they are being used; instead the in-built drivers of the power kernel are being used. My injection works a treat.

Originally Posted by StefanL View Post
Power kernel is not required if you have the modified wifi drivers. On my set-up I have power kernel 46. I also have the modified wifi drivers, but they are located in a different directory than what the script looks for, so I don't think they are being used; instead the in-built drivers of the power kernel are being used. My injection works a treat.

how to install modified wifi driver and how to check if its already installed...????

Tags
aircrack, aircrack-ng, epicfacepalm, pen testing, rtfm dude!