Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post

thanks for a good words and no, they do not 'have me on their sight'. I'll try to keep answering here at least as long as my N9 is alive (unfortunately my N9 already have a bad hardware problem with power button, it is really hard to press it) and I have some free time Moreover, I'll try to make at least one more smallv(but I hope quite useful for someone ) free app for N9.
You should put your hand up, if they know you're looking I'm sure you'd be appealing to them, but you may be happy where you are.

Sorry to hear about your N9, it's worthwhile looking into a housing replacement, there's some good threads here about that.
Many users have reported improved buttons & less "creakiness" with their enclosure* after a successful replacement.

Also are you aware of the Summer 12' device program?
IIRC all of the devices have been won for 3x of the program's categories.
One was transferred over to the coding comp category (26 all up), which is still going.
If you're still working for Nokia you may not be eligible, not sure about that, qgil would be the best person to ask.

*among others things

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-12 at 10:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by alephito View Post
You should install http://store.ovi.com/content/222136
I now how to reboot/poweroff my device, I have a console

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
You should put your hand up, if they know you're looking I'm sure you'd be appealing to them, but you may be happy where you are.
I'm quite happy with the project I'm working on atm, anyway thanks for a good words about me

Sorry to hear about your N9, it's worthwhile looking into a housing replacement, there's some good threads here about that.
Many users have reported improved buttons & less "creakiness" with their enclosure* after a successful replacement.
Luckily I got my N9 not in the store so, I don't want a replacement, it is better to just fix this small issue (when I'm back in Russia).

If you're still working for Nokia you may not be eligible, not sure about that, qgil would be the best person to ask.
I never worked on Nokia directly

Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Can you shed some light if it is possible download full mime on N900 too?
Simple answer. I don't know, because I never worked with N900. I might try to ask someone who implemented as-daemon for N900 about it.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Luckily I got my N9 not in the store so, I don't want a replacement, it is better to just fix this small issue (when I'm back in Russia).
No I didn't mean a complete replacement, I meant the housing, you can get genuine ones on eBay, not expensive, see some of the great threads here.

I never worked on Nokia directly
Great, then you should have no problem applying for the coding competition, only if you want to of course!

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-13 at 06:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I want to report that after some more time with PR1.3 performance of mail on my N9 is back to normal. Issue I reported(always_up_to_date not always working) is gone.

EDIT 14.07.2012: One day later issue is back - one of my GMail accounts suddenly stopped auto updating.

@Sergey_Kashin
Is there a way to start/stop logging without rebooting the device? Killing/restarting a certain process?

Last edited by zlatko; 2012-07-14 at 06:47.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
[QUOTE=Manatus;1236300]Delete the account in N9, then turn the lock code off from your phone's security settings.

I've deleted the account. As I said previously, there is no option in security (or any where else that I can see) to turn off the lock code. I must be missing something.

[QUOTE=rabilon;1237302]
Delete the account in N9, then turn the lock code off from your phone's security settings.

I've deleted the account. As I said previously, there is no option in security (or any where else that I can see) to turn off the lock code. I must be missing something.
Well, there should be setting to turn the automatic locking off in the same place where you can change your code or assign a phone number where it is sent in case you forget it. If such options are not under N9 security settings -> locking (note: I'm guessing these as my phone is in Finnish), I think it has to be reflashed. The lock code that Exchange enforces is the same as the device code in those settings. I have never tested if the option disappears altogether with the strictest settings in Exchange, though (the setting is global in ours).

Note that the setting is exactly that; to turn the automatic locking off. The code still remains, but it just isn't asked anymore and this is the case always. You can totally remove the code, even the default '12345', only by more extreme means of disabling aegis using open kernel or nitdroid kernel.

In case that your Exchange has 'Allow non-provisionable devices' off and 'Require password' on in its policy, there is no way of getting past assigning the code again, so it would be best to check those first.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Is there a way to start/stop logging without rebooting the device? Killing/restarting a certain process?
Yes, if you want to get activesync logs -> kill as-daemon process (IIRC it should be possible to do it from the console).
For Fenix logs -> fenix process.
For IMAP/POP3/SMTP logs -> messageserver and msg-indexer (in the same order, messageserver and only after that msf-indexer).

Great, then you should have no problem applying for the coding competition, only if you want to of course!
I want, but on the other hand I have a lot of work so I become quite lazy at my free time

UPD:
Can you shed some light if it is possible download full mime on N900 too?
I asked N900 devs, It is not possible.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2012-07-14 at 09:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
[QUOTE=Manatus;1237313]
Originally Posted by rabilon View Post

Well, there should be setting to turn the automatic locking off in the same place where you can change your code or assign a phone number where it is sent in case you forget it. If such options are not under N9 security settings -> locking (note: I'm guessing these as my phone is in Finnish), I think it has to be reflashed. The lock code that Exchange enforces is the same as the device code in those settings. I have never tested if the option disappears altogether with the strictest settings in Exchange, though (the setting is global in ours).

In case that your Exchange has 'Allow non-provisionable devices' off and 'Require password' on in its policy, there is no way of getting past assigning the code again, so it would be best to check those first.
Then I guess I would have to reflash. I've checked all the security options (I have it set to text the security code to another mobile phone) - there is simply no new options, and none to turn off the locking.

What does "provisionable" mean?

I'm not sure why Exchange requires such "security". I can get the Exchange server through a web page which remembers my user id and password. Anyone who had my phone could get to my Exchange e-mail if they had my phone (before I turned on the security code).

@Sergey

Originally Posted by Sigster View Post
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...b-233b21179fc5
Seems it's the finger from Micro$oft for us all...
^So is this why Hotmail MfE's no longer working? (see the 1st "Answer")

I tried the alternative server address found here*:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...17#post1214317
I haven't checked my own logs yet to see if the server I need is different to the usual: m.hotmail.com.

This is an interesting point too....
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...98#post1222198
Maybe there's some sort of live.com specific config. that WILL work?

*deleted account, recreated, & tried orig. server & this address, but neither worked

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-15 at 11:10. Reason: typo

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
if you use debug-m.hotmail.com you can sync everything but emails...make sure to turn mail sync off...for mail you need to create an account using other mail which means no push and at best a 10min sync cycle...

Sergey could you help with regards to the Hotmail issue...M$ say they have upgraded their servers and the client side needs to be updated... I know development for the n9 is almost nill but cant a workaround be issued?

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950