Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
This should explain a bit more:

Code:
/home/user # apt-get -s install mbarcode-core
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package mbarcode-core is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package mbarcode-core has no installation candidate
Trying to install the new "core" dependency directly simply declares it doesn't exist, but is referred to by another package (presumably mbarcode itself).

So yeah. I'm guessing the auto-builder or something else in the repo's workings failed, so the package doesn't exist or got removed because of something automated messing up in the repository maintenance.

@the mbarcode dev: reuploading to devel should help? Maybe giving it a version bumb in the packaging in case something stuck?

@Users: This kind of stuff happens when you're using extras-devel. This is why extras-devel exists - so when programs mess up like this it's caught. (Just in case anyone was starting to feel entitled to non-breaking software in extras-devel.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
@the mbarcode dev: reuploading to devel should help? Maybe giving it a version bumb in the packaging in case something stuck?
Thanks for the update. This is strange. I just pushed mbarcode-core to devel once more with a version bump together with mbarcode (which is now a meta package). It builds fine, but it apparently does not get imported. I'll give it another bump now to see if that helps.

Other than that, does anyone know how we could force the repository to import the package when the autobuilder doesn't?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
No clue about your last question, but I just updated mBarcode succesfully, so somewhere between my last post and just now, something you did worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
No clue about your last question, but I just updated mBarcode succesfully, so somewhere between my last post and just now, something you did worked.
Confirmed, just worked for me, too
Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Amazing! It must have helped to push the packages to the autobuilder once more to get them imported into the repository.

Thanks for all the feedback and testing!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Martinsicuro, Abruzzo, Italy
After the last update (1.0.3), the shortcut is disappeared.

The Following User Says Thank You to alextootchie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by alextootchie View Post
After the last update (1.0.3), the shortcut is disappeared.
Me too, can't run mbarcode or /usr/bin/mbarcode from xterm either, was that the correct path?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
I've been so glad the update did work in the end but now it's not usable anymore. Only entry left on my device is in camera lens launcher, but selecting it doesn't do anything. So I searched for executable and guess what: there is none!
Package mbarcode-core, which I guess is supposed to ship the binary, only contains directory structure and copyright file. Other packages only contain plugins. Would be really cute if you could repackage core package again to contain executable too!

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
No shortcut anymore confirm . . .

This is really strange. According to the build logs everything (except what I believe are non-critical errors) went fine:
( log link in bottom of post )

The file however ends up with almost nothing inside, and the optify process reports 0 kB gained by optification. Apparently something between the g++ commands and the optification fails to generate the deb package.

Maybe you guys see what goes wrong in that log file?

The only things that has changed since the last successful build of the core application should be the name of the package in the control file and the changelog, and the dependency on maemo-version from (<5.0) to (<=5.0). The rules file remained unchanged in the process.

Any suggestions?

Edit: New logfile here:
https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fre...ild.log.OK.txt

Last edited by dragly; 2011-04-26 at 15:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to dragly For This Useful Post:

Tags
barcode, camera, mbarcode