Active Topics

Making about the same I ended up reflashing my device.. And losing everything... (the second part was becouse of my stupidity of having backup one month old

After reflashing and trying again I discovered that my phone cannot run at 850Mhz so losing my guarantee for nothing sux

The Following User Says Thank You to Morit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morit View Post
Making about the same I ended up reflashing my device.. And losing everything... (the second part was becouse of my stupidity of having backup one month old

After reflashing and trying again I discovered that my phone cannot run at 850Mhz so losing my guarantee for nothing sux
Why exactly can't it run at 850? Is it unstable at that speed?
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The sounds are distorted like theres +200% volume, one third of the photos cannot be opened others are messed up with green/ blue lines, some movies cannot open, sometimes I cannot even open the player..

Didnt test much more becouse its bad enough to make it unusable and I had much more problems before reflashing device...
(desktop messed up, icons not working, problems with booting, restaring - but many of them were probably becouse of the messed up kernel due to fcam drivers and maybe something other - I had much problem with installing power kernel, and not the overclocked unstableness)

BTW. unstableness - nice word

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Try taking your jailbroken iphone to apple support and see what kind of answer you get there.
Apple did always took jailbroken iPhones into their support - without making a big PR thing out of it. And - since today they are even "forced" to - have a look: http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/26/...-jailbreaking/
From my point of view - the comparsion between a claimed as "closed infra and be happy" versus "we are open source" doesn't fit anyway...

Hey guys. I'm really looking forward to this. I only shoot RAW on my regular camera so am looking forward to the flexibility of having RAW on the N900. I can't imaging going back to the stock kernel at this point so I'm going to wait until that's resolved.

So for regular and low light photos and etc there's RAW, but what about HDR? I see that it does blending in-camera. Does it spit out two or three RAW files that I can then stitch together later if I had to?

Also, since fCam is a set of drivers, does that means apps like BlessN900 would use it (assuming they want) to one day?

Originally Posted by HugoSon View Post
Apple did always took jailbroken iPhones into their support - without making a big PR thing out of it. And - since today they are even "forced" to - have a look: http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/26/...-jailbreaking/
From my point of view - the comparsion between a claimed as "closed infra and be happy" versus "we are open source" doesn't fit anyway...
Err I don't think that ruling forces them to support it. It just blocks them from saying circumventing the iPhone by jailbreaking is not a violation of the DMCA.

In fact Apple has even indicated that they are going further against jailbroken iPhones by potentially refusing support. Now how you might ask considering any user can just reset the iPhone back to normal?

Speculation says that either there will be software residue from a jailbroken iPhone left over or the next time it's plugged into iTunes it'll call back home to Apple to check.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Speculation says that either there will be software residue from a jailbroken iPhone left over or the next time it's plugged into iTunes it'll call back home to Apple to check.
Someone will find a way to bypass that also. (or be implemented within the jailbreak)

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
So for regular and low light photos and etc there's RAW, but what about HDR? I see that it does blending in-camera. Does it spit out two or three RAW files that I can then stitch together later if I had to?
The HDR mode in fCamera will spit out 2/3 (or more) RAW files. The separate HDR program spits out a single blended file.

Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
Also, since fCam is a set of drivers, does that means apps like BlessN900 would use it (assuming they want) to one day?
That's my understanding, yes - I've not looked at the code/API though.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Is this the Kerkel-Power available from App Manager? If so then read on;

Remove BlessN900
Close App Manager
Open Xterminal and type the following;
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall -y kernel kernel-flasher
This should return SIGTERM received and Image flashed successfully messages. If this is the case continue with
Code:
apt-get remove -y kernel-power kernel-power-modules
This reverts you back to the stock kernel.

Reboot the phone and then again open terminal. Type the following;
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install fcamera
That will then install fCamera (funnily enough). Now you can redownload and install te Power Kernel but bear in mind that you will have to also download titans fcam drivers to your device. If you download it to MyDocs then you should run the following;
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs
dpkg -i fcam-drivers_1.0.5-1_armel.deb
This is your kernel reverted to stock, fcam installed, power kernel re-installed and fcam drivers modified by titan also installed. Had to do myself earlier. Fun and games.
i tried to reinstall the kernel flasher but somehow it cant and say the package cannot be downloaded..

and i'm connected to the internet

Last edited by fuyoh; 2010-07-28 at 09:34.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by fuyoh View Post
i tried to reinstall the kernel flasher but somehow it cant and say the package cannot be downloaded..

and i'm connected to the internet
Shouldn't the Titans fcam-driver be installed before f-camera?

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:

Tags
dumbypants