Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by LavaCroft View Post
It seems that the MeeCast widget for the stand-by screen is behaving erratically when used in conjuction with Billboard. Sometimes it decides to just not pop up, but it always decides to pop up eventually.
After using this app for a while I discovered that this is indeed an issue. It seems that the meecast widget doesn't get moved to the bottom right corner and gets covered by the billboard text. I can se the widget briefly in the upper right corner.

Plus, every time I choose the text color green yhe billboard text disappears.

Anyone else experienced same issues?

But never the less, this app is nice!

Last edited by PeterSmurffiPan; 2012-06-07 at 22:13.

What I'm trying to figure out is before the update the text lined up in the center of the standby screen. But after the update even though text alignment is centered the body of text itself sits towards the left of the screen. Sometimes it moves back to the center but for the most part it's on the left.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
ya its a bug...thp mentioned it on pg 6 or 7 of this thread that he knows about it...

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I must be missing something/doing something wrong but why does the date not change automatically? I am only using "compact date" option and a line of text (my slogan ) below it. I have rebooted after the update to 1.0.1. version.

Sorry if this is already discussed.

Hi thp, version 1.0.1 still display the last video played in place of the song title and remains even after closing the video. Not cool if your videos have titles like psst...psst..."Hot Japanese Lesbians".

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by mohannad View Post
How did you get the calendar entries to appear as in http://www.flickr.com/photos/thp4/73...n/photostream/?
This will come with the next version, I still need to debug it a bit more

Originally Posted by dagee04 View Post
What I'm trying to figure out is before the update the text lined up in the center of the standby screen. But after the update even though text alignment is centered the body of text itself sits towards the left of the screen. Sometimes it moves back to the center but for the most part it's on the left.
That's intended. Making the area of the billboard text as small as possible increases the possible positions where the clock can "jump to", avoiding excessive screen burn-in (instead of moving only vertically, it can also move horizontally). That's also the reason why the clock "jumps" by default - otherwise it could just stay in the top right corner.

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I must be missing something/doing something wrong but why does the date not change automatically? I am only using "compact date" option and a line of text (my slogan ) below it. I have rebooted after the update to 1.0.1. version.
See the first part of this post.

Originally Posted by Kein View Post
version 1.0.1 still display the last video played in place of the song title and remains even after closing the video.
It's on my TODO list, but not fixed yet. For now, just play a song and close the music player to clear the now playing info (IMHO it's actually a bug in the Video Player, as it should clean the Media.NowPlaying contextkit property when it closes, but I'll try to work around this - probably with some MAFW integration).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
I Have i much bigger battery drain in 1.0.1 Than 1.

Originally Posted by Vromoth View Post
I Have i much bigger battery drain in 1.0.1 Than 1.
No difference in battery drain for me between the 2 versions. In fact I don't detect any battery drain at all from my normal consumption. If you run scripts it may be different.

I'll like to ask thp a question. How often do scripts run to update data like an uptime script for instance.

Seems true about the battery drain

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
There is no battery drain in either the older or the newer versions - it has been written with energy consumption in mind, and has been tested and measured.

If you think there is, please measure it and report the findings, and make sure that you measure the usage of the "billboardd" daemon, not any other applications that you might have running on your device (or coincidentally installed around the time of the upgrade).

Of course, any application that runs on your device will use some power, but in the case of Billboard, it's mostly just sitting idle and taking up some RAM / swapspace.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
How often do scripts run to update data like an uptime script for instance.
See this post.