Active Topics

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Am I one of the few who actually are not suprised by what nokia are doing. For me it follows what they have said they would do.
Im quite happy with it, for me if there was an alternative to the n900 i would get it, but there isnt and from what i can see there wont be until nokia release a meego phone.
is this thread just being used to build up ignore lists?

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Guys. You have *paid staff* working on it, *regular, public, downloadable builds* and *weekly reports* on how MeeGo is progressing on the N900, plus *public threads on the whole topic*.
None so blind as those who don't want to see.

It's so much easier to come on a forum and piss and moan about your abandonment issues than to actually look and see what's going on.
and all because some kid with an i-phone stole their play lunch

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
It's great to see that they now have calls and SMS working in the N900 Meego build:

stskeeps posted this "We're suffering from some technical problems, so we're only currently showing our latest acceptance image on tablets-dev. This will be fixed Monday.

Those who want to try it out and report bugs are more than welcome - this one includes call audio (SIM without PIN-code needed).

Oh, and redistributable SGX, BME, WiFi, BT firmware.. no closed repos included, just non-oss on repo.meego.com

So tablets-dev should be going away soon"

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=757&page=19

If I am understanding this correctly, the Power VR SGX and other drivers have been added to this release. I hope more of these advancements can be further applied to NITDroid just as the assistance with ofono.

Great work all around! Go Team!