Active Topics

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by byteninja2 View Post
I doubt I could do that. 75 relatively invaluable posts? Plus, it would be nice if people searched Nemo/Mer Forums, they would go to a dedicated one. And one sub-forum isn't enough, IMHO.
Why isn't it enough? Well, Sailfish is a MeeGo reincarnation, and MeeGo is covered on tmo, so no reason why it's shouldn't be here. Btw. look what happened to fmc.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Why isn't it enough? Well, Sailfish is a MeeGo reincarnation, and MeeGo is covered on tmo, so no reason why it's shouldn't be here. Btw. look what happened to fmc.
What was FMC? And there seems interest in a dedicated Mer forum, so...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Real meego (sailfish's lineage) was never covered here, it was covered at meego.com, meego-harmattan was covered here, but initially more-so at meego.com.
When it became clear there was more life/activity here, less & less harmattan users followed meego.com, then meego.com was abandoned totally by nokia/intel/others.
FMC = forum.meego.com

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-09-12 at 01:50.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Were not just talking about forums, it's about everything that maemo.org/meego.com encapsulates/d.
If you're only proposing a forum, then we should forget it & use the Maemo x.x/Nemo/Sailfish sub-forums here instead.
Hopefully one day the MeR/Nemo/Sailfish people will get a clue & put something together...
Ideally they'll collaborate with the Hildon Foundation/Council people whilst implementing it, but if not, no "biggy".

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-09-12 at 08:45.

There is no Nemo sub-forum, and a sub-forum is NOT ENOUGH. Nitdroid does better with its own forum and that project is much smaller then Nemo.

Wait, there is but it is tiny and has no activity.

Last edited by byteninja2; 2013-09-12 at 19:17.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Were not just talking about forums, it's about everything that maemo.org/meego.com encapsulates/d.
If you're only proposing a forum, then we should forget it & use the Maemo x.x/Nemo/Sailfish sub-forums here instead.
Hopefully one day the MeR/Nemo/Sailfish people will get a clue & put something together...
Ideally they'll collaborate with the Hildon Foundation/Council people whilst implementing it, but if not, no "biggy".
Funny when u say that, people complain like crazy about Jolla is not 100% open and blbalblabla. In the same time there is so damn few people involved in nemo/MER and so on so because of that we see not much progress in that area for understandable reasons.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by byteninja2 View Post
There is no Nemo sub-forum, and a sub-forum is NOT ENOUGH. Nitdroid does better with its own forum and that project is much smaller then Nemo.

Wait, there is but it is tiny and has no activity.
Maybe this is because to few people are involved in nemo, MER, and instead use 99% of the time complaining???

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
I dont' see any point in porting to Lumia or Nexus. Its something about "who gets my money". If you want a modern device, buy the original.

If Nokia sells a Lumia phone or Google a Nexus, they get the money and they don't care, if I use a different OS on it afterwards. For statistics: it counts as success of the respective device, and for money: innovative companies don't get your money for further development of independent "ecosystems".
You are wrong about atleast Microsoft they care ever heard of locked bootloaders on windows8/WP and so on?

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-09-12 at 23:44.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Maybe this is because to few people are involved in nemo, MER, and instead use 99% of the time complaining???
Yes, I have never seen a forum with so much god damn COMPLAINING. Another reason a Mer project forum needs to be created with a rule: No fracking complainging.

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish