Active Topics

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by bmstrong View Post
When you guys set the background connection to no? What exactly does that mean? How much battery life do you gain by turning it off?
It means that if the phone needs to connect to things that are not obvious to our homescreen or something of that nature it does. The difference between it on and off are minimal from my experience.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Micro$oft wants your ideas to promote Windows Phone

Got marketing skills?

What do you make of a device, or a platform, that is acceptable as a good system to challenge the 'dominating other two' - but is lagging way behind in terms of sales?

Windows Phone 7 [or 7.5 if u may] is in that lingering, uneasy position, and it seems to have Microsoft stumped.

That’s probably why the team behind Windows Phone 7 is ASKING its fan-base to help promote the OS. The joke here is that they have laid off their marketing team, but that’s clearly not the case (we hope), they just want your “ad concepts, contest ideas, social media campaigns, and whatever other wacky but worthwhile ideas you can up with.”

If you have any ideas, you can post them HERE. There is a 25 word limit, with a disclaimer from Microsoft’s lawyers, which says: “Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.”

Smoked by Windows Phone [challenge]- they said - LOL!

The Following User Says Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
Originally Posted by qorax View Post
Micro$oft wants your ideas to promote Windows Phone

Got marketing skills?

What do you make of a device, or a platform, that is acceptable as a good system to challenge the 'dominating other two' - but is lagging way behind in terms of sales?

Windows Phone 7 [or 7.5 if u may] is in that lingering, uneasy position, and it seems to have Microsoft stumped.

That’s probably why the team behind Windows Phone 7 is ASKING its fan-base to help promote the OS. The joke here is that they have laid off their marketing team, but that’s clearly not the case (we hope), they just want your “ad concepts, contest ideas, social media campaigns, and whatever other wacky but worthwhile ideas you can up with.”

If you have any ideas, you can post them HERE. There is a 25 word limit, with a disclaimer from Microsoft’s lawyers, which says: “Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.”

Smoked by Windows Phone [challenge]- they said - LOL!
my idea to throw WP away and actually get a good OS is "awaiting moderator approval"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tebsu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
linux is for the future, WP is just bullsh*t

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
does anyone want to buy or trade for my lumia 800?

i got one of the developer program ones, and have no use for it. i cant even sell it on craigslist because im in the usa and its rm-801, since the usa version isnt out yet. it would work on atts 1900 wcdma 3g, but i dunno where in the states they offer that.

its in brand new condition, i charged it up to make sure it works, but that is all. it is black, still in box, all accessories etc.

i would trade it for an n9, an n900+money, or consider an android trade. would also consider money offers, or consider whatever. not interested in ios or winmo devices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moisturerichsoy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by moisturerichsoy View Post
does anyone want to buy or trade for my lumia 800?

i got one of the developer program ones, and have no use for it. i cant even sell it on craigslist because im in the usa and its rm-801, since the usa version isnt out yet. it would work on atts 1900 wcdma 3g, but i dunno where in the states they offer that.

its in brand new condition, i charged it up to make sure it works, but that is all. it is black, still in box, all accessories etc.

i would trade it for an n9, an n900+money, or consider an android trade. would also consider money offers, or consider whatever. not interested in ios or winmo devices.
Interesting...
I´ve got a week old black N9 16gb, Central EU version and my impressions are somewhat ambiguous so far...
I guess I´d trade it for your Lumia 800, shame that you´re in the US...

It is a shame I am in the USA for many reasons. The versions are all just different firmware correct? I can figure that out, there is the logistics matter though, being both members without reputation. Maybe we could figure something out through eBay or PayPal, I am open to suggestions. Anyone have ideas on doing such a trade?

lumia 900(yes 900) white is on negrielectronics.com

interesting

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by moisturerichsoy View Post
It is a shame I am in the USA for many reasons. The versions are all just different firmware correct? I can figure that out, there is the logistics matter though, being both members without reputation. Maybe we could figure something out through eBay or PayPal, I am open to suggestions. Anyone have ideas on doing such a trade?
Yep, you`d just need to wait for the accurate Central EU version of new firmware, once it starts rolling out...or better yet find it yourself on NaviFirm and update the phone...
I`m in Bratislava, Slovakia and I`m on both PayPal and eBay...
the shipping cost would be cca 20 USD from here, same from the US, I guess..
Try to figure it out somehow and let me know at jleholeho@gmail.com...
we can post some pictures prior to any possible deal...
thx

Originally Posted by bmstrong View Post
When you guys set the background connection to no? What exactly does that mean? How much battery life do you gain by turning it off?
This is lumia 800 vs nokia n9 ... so continue here, for example:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...77#post1162277

My experience for your question: there is NO point to disable backgraound connections at all ... I have practically all features enabled with dual mobile network (2G/3G) ... internet 3G/WLAN active (online all the time) ... online in fb (I use it text messaging with my girl, a good substitute for SMS and Whatsapp) ... and I can stay 10 mA-level on idle state ... your idle power consumption will be clearly higher if you are using Skype and/or Gtalk (online) ...