Notices

Poll: Is this application useful to you?
Poll Options
Is this application useful to you?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Because of the lack of votes on the "testing package" I assumed this package was not anymore useful/needed.

Just added a poll to try to figure out if I should spend any more time on this application.

Regardless, thank you all for the feedback and support so far.

EDIT: did not review the poll options before publishing... does anybody know how to fix them?

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-07-14 at 15:54.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Because of the lack of votes on the "testing package" this package was not anymore useful/needed.

Just added a poll to try to figure out if I should spend any more time on this application.

Regardless, thank you all for the feedback and support so far.
I really think that it's not getting any votes because it's currently unusable for so many people with the login/password issue.

I had used this app a while ago on my n810, but I've never been able to successfully authenticate with this app on the n900.

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
Sigh, all the while giving more mindshare to the iphone. It's a sad state that web sites cater to one specific device when it's obvious that the same sites would work on multiple mobile devices.

Please if you use this, take the time to email a few sites that force you to use this program and ask them to make a web site that will work on mobile devices without forcing you to fake being an iphone.

Frank
Who to blame? If Nokia did not do its job, sure iphone should be their favorite!

N900; Maemo 5 PR 1.2

Originally Posted by slvr32 View Post
I really think that it's not getting any votes because it's currently unusable for so many people with the login/password issue.

I had used this app a while ago on my n810, but I've never been able to successfully authenticate with this app on the n900.
It is a blank screen... Nothing happens after I entered URL. Anything I need to do to make this work in N900? Any helps please?

N900; Maemo 5 PR 1.2

Originally Posted by ljmt01 View Post
It is a blank screen... Nothing happens after I entered URL. Anything I need to do to make this work in N900? Any helps please?
What is the web site you are trying to go to? Have you tried clicking on the home page buttons?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Mexico
i like this program but for example in facebook sometimes i can't scroll all the way down it stops at the middle of the page. The other issue is the autocomplete enabled in the password field.

I was waiting for a fix... will there be one?

Originally Posted by Art.M View Post
i like this program but for example in facebook sometimes i can't scroll all the way down it stops at the middle of the page. The other issue is the autocomplete enabled in the password field.

I was waiting for a fix... will there be one?
I can't promise when but I would like to take another stab at it.
I am counting on the feedback on this thread/poll to figure out what to do.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Just an (useless) update:
I tried to compile the code with the new Qt version (experimental 4.7) and it actually seems to solve the "autocomplete" issue by itself.... The bad news is that it created some other problems.

At this point I will just have to wait for qt4.7 to become official and adjust the code to work with it.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The app is now promotable. Do you consider to promote it?

Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
The app is now promotable. Do you consider to promote it?
I would really like to figure out how to disable the "auto complete" before promoting it. It is quite annoying....

Why do you ask? Do you think it could still be useful as it is?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: