Active Topics

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by neubauten84 View Post
Hi there..I have early update activated but still no 1.1.9 update..is there any sort of device selection???
It's not officially out yet, not even for early access. Everyone using it here has installed it using a command line "hack"

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
It's probably just the covers that stay visible though, if you try to open the oldest started app it will likely already have been killed at some point so it will need to start again.
I really hope not. That is another behavior imported from crappy Android then.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
It's not officially out yet, not even for early access. Everyone using it here has installed it using a command line "hack"
Really??I tried indstalling it via terminal but got some problems with store and credentials so I had a factory reset..

The Following User Says Thank You to neubauten84 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I think that refers only to Android applications. As only an Android application can run at a time the other android applications are basically screenshots that will wake/start again the corresponding application once clicked. And I might have written the specification for this trick/hack.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
If they never used Jolla there should be no perceived changes?
I asked mainly for three reasons: 1) the issues listed here mostly are around minor tweaks like a button type for instance, 2) Jolla is perhaps attempting to be less frustrating in some of these changes to folks that already have Android or other devices and 3) the changes listed out so far do not seem to be disruptive and fall closer to (in my view) MeeGo than Android.

If they are prepared to invest a couple of days in getting used to it, they will coop and eventually like it.
Wise words.

I wonder who is pulling the wagon of Sailfish 2.0 development?
Odd question, not sure where you're going with this one, unless you're continuing that thought with the following...

Maemo / Harmattan users and early adopters "fans" <--- Jolla -->>>>> Android using masses and potential future hardware manufacturing partners
I think that Sailfish seems to aiming at lowering the bar a bit to folks that might not have Maemo/MeeGo experience.

Personally I don't worry much about the small changes in the interface as long as they don't touch multitasking.
If it worked like MeeGo Harmattan, I'm all there.

Applications: I only need SIP and Firefox native to ditch Alien Dalvik.
I thought the browser was Mozilla based. Isn't that good enough? My list of native apps would be far too long for this thread nor realistic to happen before a wider launch.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
There must be some serious misunderstanding between my posts about it and people complaining about said behaviour. There is no way whatsoever in which this behaviour is inferior to previous Sailfish versions. To clarify:

In Sailfish 1.0, you start 10 apps, by the time you start the 11th app, memory is full, the oldest started app gets kicked out and the cover disappears, making you wonder what on earth happened to that app. You need to start the app again from the list of apps, and all covers get rearranged. There is also no way to keep application covers in place, so you can't just remember in which spot the media player last was to change the currently playing track.

In Sailfish 2.0, you start 10 apps, by the time you start the 11th app, memory is full, the oldest started app gets killed BUT the cover remains visible (although slightly transparent and without any cover action) so covers stay in place, you can arrange them how you want once and they will stay in that position forever (as long as you don&#39;t reboot...). You can start the app again either by tapping the cover or by going to the list of apps (either way is about as fast as the other, the first way has you do a swipe from the left/right edge of the screen to your home screen, the second way has you swipe from the bottom of the screen to bring up the list of installed apps). (You don&#39;t even need to know the place of the media player anymore because the controls are accessible from the lock screen, at last.)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I asked mainly for three reasons: 1) the issues listed here mostly are around minor tweaks like a button type for instance, 2) Jolla is perhaps attempting to be less frustrating in some of these changes to folks that already have Android or other devices and 3) the changes listed out so far do not seem to be disruptive and fall closer to (in my view) MeeGo than Android.
From what little I've used of MeeGo (had it running on a netbook long ago), this new update does resemble it more than previous Sailfish versions, in a good way.

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
StatusArea.qml
I actually meant on the UI

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I actually meant on the UI
I can see mine at the top of the lock screen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Unfortunately this is true - when there is not enoughe memory, the app gets killed in the background, but the cover stays there and showing a slightly blurry screenshot. One time, while I was doing something in MC in terminal, the app got killed while it was focused It automatically transitioned to the task manager (still showing MC in it) and when I clicked it, a brand new terminal was spawn in its place.

I really hope this is going to change in the final release.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post: