Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by burnte View Post
To resurrect a dead thread (better than a new one I suppose) the sound issue is quite annoying, Seems to be the white noise generator.

http://burntelectrons.org/maemo-ines-glitch.mp3

I recorded Zelda as played by an emulator on a PC, and then by iNES on the 810.
Sounds like the noise generator (typically used for percussion) is being run for too long. The sound is right, it's just occurring for too long and so it sounds literally like you're getting a moment of white noise instead of a cheap percussion trick.
Sounds like your N810 game of Zelda was taken over by a horror movie.

If I knew how to fix it, I would, but this could also boil down to a timing issue.

Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Sounds like the noise generator (typically used for percussion) is being run for too long. The sound is right, it's just occurring for too long and so it sounds literally like you're getting a moment of white noise instead of a cheap percussion trick.
Looks like it is caused by the fact that I am updating sound 60 times per second. This precision is sufficient for normal, melodic soundtrack, but percussion requires a higher value. Will try to fix.

Last edited by fms; 2008-07-31 at 06:57.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Cptnodegard View Post
Do you need anythign special to get this working? I get no sound and the controls dont work (only in the menu) for both dpad, touch screen and BT keyoard
Nope, it just installs and runs and works, except for the sound issues.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
this emu still rocks. i have a somewhat-working command-line one that runs fullspeed on 770, if anybody still is 'stuck' with one of those.

if you want a game on the ines, vgb, vgba and mg to play at a fast speed, heres what you need to do, ok click on the menu where you would open a file to play a rom, scroll down and click on interpolation, you will notice that the game will play at the same speed as a video game system would.

I be havin a blast with these emulators. i can play old gameboy, gamegear, master system, nintendo games. its kinda better to play gameboy games on a n800 because it has a blacklight, you can play black and white games in the dark, and most games can be fullscreen. I am desperately waiting for a sega genesis emulator that could be downloaded manually or easy, that would be awesome.

Originally Posted by fms View Post
Unfortunately, I started receiving complaints from other people who accidentally press that central dpad button while playing a game. As I am going to get complaints either way, I've decided to do it safely and require a modifier key (SHIFT, CTRL, etc) to be pressed.
FYI, the shift, ctrl + central dpad combo makes it difficult to use the right shift and ctrl keys for A&B buttons. These seem like the most natural buttons to use for A&B for me, as I can hit them quickly while mostly avoiding enter and '.'. Unfortunately I end up pausing the game when I press the center dpad button (which is most of the time as I try to rock my thumb across it like the original NES controller).

On another related topic, does the Wii controller work with iNES on the n810?

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
What is the issue why NES and others seems hard to emulate on these devices? They seem to have plenty of power and memory. Heck, my $85 Dingoo plays NES, GBA, SNES, Genesis and MAME games 60fps and with sound.

Even plays the Metal Slug and KOF 2000 games smoothly with sound (it has an arm 433mhz).

Seem these Nokia devices should have the power to run through these like warm butter.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-10-06 at 18:52.

Well, FWIW, iNES runs Metroid great on my n810, I'm just having a little difficulty with the bitty little buttons.

am I the only person who accidentally hits the back buttton which quits the program when play a game? (on an n800)