Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
...no voice dialing...
I don't know about you guys, but my cell service provides voice-dialling. I just hit *8 and say who I want to call.

Anyway, even the iPhone didn't do this without 3rd party apps until the 3GS (http://www.apple.com/iphone/how-to/i....voice-dialing). So, get your developers revving!

Tim

Why is Nvidia mentioned in page 103?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
The manual says don't cover the left hand side of the tablet with the proximity sensor and camera, not the screen.
... and earphone...

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
lol 8 pages of people reading between the lines making there own version of the instructions up, i love it.
I've read many manuals of unreleased nokia products and one thing I've learned is the manual instructions have no resemblance to actual real usage theres usually many things missing and they not very user friendly

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Generally, manuals are always fun to read, esp. when comparing them with the actual device.
They hardly help you using a device.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Some people on other forum have some concerns with the positioning of the gsm/3g antenna. In it's position it's just placed inside your hand when using the phone function. The antenna might be inside your right hand when using the phone in landscape mode too. That of course can/will mean worse reception and increased battery usage.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Some people on other forum have some concerns with the positioning of the gsm/3g antenna. In it's position it's just placed inside your hand when using the phone function. The antenna might be inside your right hand when using the phone in landscape mode too. That of course can/will mean worse reception and increased battery usage.
What??

If a signal can finely pass through multiple hard and solidly built roofs and stuff, why the hell would it be a problem passing through human body??

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Yes, the tower signal can come quite long distances, but they use "bit" more power. The phones tranceiver can only use so much power and a human hand containing lot of water just around the antenna isn't going to help.
People on that forum complained that N97 (which has the antenna in similar position) has bad reception. I don't know if the problem is happening just for them, I haven't at least heard anything like that before.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
This device uses Maemo 5 software on Linux.
Shouldn't that be "GNU/Linux"? (Hmm, no smiley with beard)

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ralphb View Post
Shouldn't that be "GNU/Linux"? (Hmm, no smiley with beard)
/Linux

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post: