Notices

Even if you scroll down the map a bit ? I had the same issue with mini-maps and it worked...

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Funny, this one now speaks French to me, even without passing any parameters... :-)
It now uses the language of your browser as the default value.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
See picture of problem I had with Wikipedia enabled. Can't close the pop up text!
What happens if you just click somewhere on the map outside the popup box?

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
It now uses the language of your browser as the default value.
Ah, right, so that's why it's different in Tear :-)

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
What happens if you just click somewhere on the map outside the popup box?
Then it goes away

Did you change?

I was 'moving' around and it didn't go away.

Maybe make the 'X' appear elsewhere.

I also just noticed there are 2 input bars. The second one is overlapped by the map. At least, in my browser. In Maemo Browser it works good.

But when I change the text, I must press enter and then that text is send. I have no feedback if I must press enter or if the thing knows that I mean the entered text. For example I was trying to fill in address in Amsterdam and it said location not found. Then I try and try and kept saying that. Then I fill in Utrecht in the first text box and it still say that, while on right one it said Amsterdam. But I forgot to submit that one on the right because I was also changing the source... (can you visualize what happened?) also it says nowhere one must press enter... I think some kind of automatisation to send the text is best.

Something like bookmarking/saving/printing the stuff also useful.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
I like how fast this works.

I added some css and some images here.. if you like it:

http://castus.dnsalias.com:8080/maeMaps/maemaps.html

zip with all here: http://castus.dnsalias.com:8080/maeMaps/maemaps.zip

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by claesbas View Post
I like how fast this works.

I added some css and some images here.. if you like it:

http://castus.dnsalias.com:8080/maeMaps/maemaps.html

zip with all here: http://castus.dnsalias.com:8080/maeMaps/maemaps.zip
Isn't that the first version with the graphics that were proposed by joshua.maverick in post #11 of this thread?
... and btw, it was explained that the "A" was a carry over indicating "up" using keyboard characters in the first version much like "V" was used for "down". If your going to change one, why not the other?

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Isn't that the first version with the graphics that were proposed by joshua.maverick in post #11 of this thread?
... and btw, it was explained that the "A" was a carry over indicating "up" using keyboard characters in the first version much like "V" was used for "down". If your going to change one, why not the other?
ah, I missed the bit about the A.. hmh, didnt reflect on it either.. weird. This is quite the same as joshuas mockup.. is that done already as html/css? I just did this very quick after testing this out.

EDIT: I have edited the A to an arrow

Originally Posted by claesbas View Post
ah, I missed the bit about the A.. hmh, didnt reflect on it either.. weird. This is quite the same as joshuas mockup.. is that done already as html/css? I just did this very quick after testing this out.

EDIT: I have edited the A to an arrow
Ehrm...this was the old, heavily outdated and limited version... check next post for state-of-the-art

Ehrm...this was the old, heavily outdated and limited version... check next post for state-of-the-art
heh, and I thought the first old version was great.. must test the second.. must have jumped some pages.. sorry for jumping on this thread alittle lost there..

Tags
google maps, microb, n900