Active Topics

where do i copy the 3.0 maps? do i copy them(folders0-f) to the "//cities/diskcache folder"?

Originally Posted by bitcrusher View Post
I've just tried to wikify the shortcuts and gestures at http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Shortcuts_and_Gestures based both on this thread and from various links.
Could someone please correct/merge the E-mail client and Conversations section, if they are the same?
Please feel free to add to it/correct it, in the spirit of wiki
Awesome thanks, will definitely try it when I get my phone

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Nexus7 View Post
Sure enough, it is. Thanks! But can't I set a variable time to lock?
Settings > display > blacklight time out... set to 30 second, 1 minute etc. You probably currently have 10 seconds.

Originally Posted by bitcrusher View Post
kopte3, my pleasure Recently, in relations to my work, where I created a wiki for all our internal info/knowledge, I found out I really like Wikis I also made an N900 accessories wiki entry not long ago http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Accessories
I think this wiki could be slightly enhanced by also showing which retailer (Amazon, eBay, etc.) the seller is located. Maybe make the retailer a category and the sellers items can be subcategories under the retailers.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
Ive seen posts with a lack of a "back" button in the browser.

Shift + backpace takes you to the previous page you were browsing in case you havent noticed.

will post more as I find out, its just my first day with this phone :-)
Anyway of going back a page with the KB closed? Tried gestures, but it brings up the history, which is an obtuse process from simply going back to the previous page.

Is there a way to create a short cut to a specific folder on the desktop? The short cuts listed are to items like amazon, AP news. There is one for file manager but none to specific folders. That would be very useful to have and make the device much more computer like.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Anyway of going back a page with the KB closed? Tried gestures, but it brings up the history, which is an obtuse process from simply going back to the previous page.
yeah, use the arrow to the right of the address bar, when you click it, it will display your previous pages.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
I think he means a simple "go back" button, not the left arrow (history).

Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
I think he means a simple "go back" button, not the left arrow (history).
o, in that case, im afraid not, thats the only way i've been able to do it

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
have a question about the security lock of the device,

if we set a numeric lock and in case its tried wrong several times, does the device lock out completely ? or any automatic reset ?

is there a way to unlock after max attemps ?
didnt want to try it without knowing

Tags
fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, tip, tips, tips and tricks, trick, tricks