Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 4,475 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Oh.. I mean.. that I have made a shortcut for Save Next Scrap (when I press [+] MyPaint saves my current painting/scrap.

You have a memory card installed? and the folder where your scraps will be saved is already created? I do not know why does it not work then.

I attach some pics, if they helps.

Yes, my english is very ...very baaaad.. sorry =]

Tone
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creativetone For This Useful Post:
more funny pics..
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Creativetone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Creativetone View Post
more funny pics..
Made the save next scrap path work. I started Mypaint in xterm and made a new path to /home/user/MyDocs/ and that worked. Funny how sometimes my problems get solved when i use xterm
How do you make that gtk_menu and shortcut key for saving scrap btw?

e: Don't be sorry for your english I have no problems understanding you

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-04-23 at 14:52.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
He pointed it out well with the images he posted. You simply place a empty text file with the name gtk_menu in your .mypaint folder, then startup mypaint and magically the PC like menus appear. Oh and just rename the file (I use ch_gtk_menu) and restart mypaint to get you menus back to normal.

It took me a dbl read the first before I figured it out, even though it's been mention earlier in the post here, I had to got back and reread anders_gud post, before Creativetone posted a nice little vision guide.

Hope that helps, it's great to be able to set up the app the way you work.

x

ps. Creativetone your english is waaayy better then my Finnish or swedish...

Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
How do you make that gtk_menu and shortcut key for saving scrap btw?

Last edited by xman; 2010-04-23 at 16:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
He pointed it out well with the images he posted. You simply place a empty text file with the name gtk_menu in your .mypaint folder, then startup mypaint and magically the PC like menus appear. Oh and just rename the file (I use ch_gtk_menu) and restart mypaint to get you menus back to normal.

It took me a dbl read the first before I figured it out, even though it's been mention earlier in the post here, I had to got back and reread anders_gud post, before Creativetone posted a nice little vision guide.

Hope that helps, it's great to be able to set up the app the way you work.

x

ps. Creativetone your english is waaayy better then my Finnish or swedish...
Hahaha he did indeed point it out how to do it i just could not see it before you spotlighted it Thourght i had to do some xterm editing but that was not the case haha. Really simple task it turned out to be
It looks better now and easier to acsess Thanks both of you

e: Can't seem to get that shortcut key thing to work though. I've edited the .conf file in midnight commander to '+' (the line with the scrap/save "F2") but it still says F2 in the drop down in mypaint. How to do that?

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-04-24 at 10:44.

Hou! Dousan.

You probably already figured out how to assign those shortcuts, but if not. There is one more picture coming...

You do not have edit directly any files. Just choose function in MyPaint menu and Press and Hold still there and same time press some keys. Very simple. I hope that you have two hands

Ps. Thanks for support Xman..

Tone
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Creativetone For This Useful Post:
Thanks alot Tone, it works now and yes very simple

Anyway very nice work, saw some of your drawings in another thread

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Found the other thread, I hope to share some mypaint pics too soon. And wanted to say that you have a really great creative feel in your sketches, Creativetone, I really like the one that looks like a leaf, but they're all really nice.

x

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Hi, xman!

This sounds great!

I hope that more people will share their Nokia Nxxx + MyPaint sketches and paintings.. it is amazing what you can create with these tools.

.. everybody talks now about iPads, iPhones and Brushes, SketchBook Mobiles but there is only a few who knows about Nokia Nxxx and MyPaint.

Apple iPad is a great concept but it still need improving.. such as pressure sensitivity. And I still find N900 physical size almost perfect for sketching on the bus or other public places.. and yes this little gem fit in my pocket.

Tone

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creativetone For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, I'm confused. Creativetone says he can use pressure sensitivity. Does that mean that the current version of Mypaint has a workaround for the pressure sensitivity bug? Or is this something we have to do ourselves? And if we have to do it ourselves, where do I find the howto?

I've been waiting to install this app until the bug is addressed, but if you have a workaround, that's good enough for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
mypaint, sketching