Notices

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
Talking about the upgrade of recaller app available yesterday. http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/recaller/
Records works now (it didnn't work at all in my previous version whatever I do).
But like said in posts above, it doesn't stop ... "currently recording" file.
Then I also made a different recaller file dir and it's work fine now.
Thanks for sharing this solution :-)

Just started using this today. Seems to be working great. Automatically starts and stops recording on phone calls (outgoing and incoming). Never tried previous versions, so can't compare.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Why isn't this showing in repos?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ South Africa
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I start mine with a dot so the blasted indexer no longer lists them in media player.
Whaaat is that how you get media player to not show it??? I'm such a n00b, didn't even think of that

Now I can let it record my phone calls again, if the bugs are sorted I guess.

It's one way. Another is to exclude the records folder from indexer. Use tracker-cfg and add the folder to exclusions. Remember to reset tracker database.

Just downloaded the new version of Recaller last week and started having problems with my alarm not working properly (no sound); and some of my shortcuts would not work.
Restarting the phone solved this problem for a couple of hours before it re-appeared.
I uninstalled some programs including recaller (ones that have had recent updates) and restored the phone to factory settings.
I then slowly installed these programs giving a couple of hours between each one. I had no problems until I installed Recaller when the problems I previously described started again.
I have uninstalled Recaller and everything seems to be working fine.

Why this post? I would like to know if anyone has encountered similar problems? and if so did you manage to rectify it?

Alternatively does anyone know of a program similar to Recaller as I have come to rely on it quite heavily.

Hello,
I hope usefull the following:
I have installed last version of Recaller.
Since a few days notification of starting recoding appears about every 30 secs, without any reason. I noted that SD card is full, and I think this is the cause of reasonless notifications.
bye

Iemai: yes, it sometimes gets stuck recording and needs a reboot. Hence the messages.

rafew: Yes, I do have those issues, never thought they would be tied to recaller, namely alarms either don't sound or the ring for like 3 seconds.

Hmmm.

ndi: I know I should do further testing and confirm that it isn't both recaller and another program combining to cause the problem; but I just don't have the time.
Although I am convinced the recaller is part of, if not the whole, problem as the problems only started manifesting themselves after the installation of Recallers lastest update.

Anyone know where I can get the previous version of recaller to try and test my theories?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by rafew View Post
ndi: I know I should do further testing and confirm that it isn't both recaller and another program combining to cause the problem; but I just don't have the time.
Although I am convinced the recaller is part of, if not the whole, problem as the problems only started manifesting themselves after the installation of Recallers lastest update.

Anyone know where I can get the previous version of recaller to try and test my theories?
apt-get install recaller=0.4.0-1 EDIT: that version is ancient, better not use it. Sorry..
Maybe you're looking for this: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...aller/2.0.0-7/

for info, I don't have those problems and I have been using/testing the new version for more than a month already.

Last edited by Saturn; 2011-06-01 at 11:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post: